Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROGRESS AND PROSPECTS OF CHRONIC SPINAL CORD INJURY RESEARCH in 2014 and 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PROGRESS AND PROSPECTS OF CHRONIC SPINAL CORD INJURY RESEARCH in 2014 and 2015

Dear all,

We just published a post providing a summary of the important developments in chronic spinal cord injury research last year (focussing on the research strategies which offer a good potential for clinical translation for chronic SCI). With regard to the progress yet to be accomplished, we also look at the research advocacy environment, we highlight some interesting initiatives by some of the larger SCI foundations and come back to the role and the uniqueness of the EndParalysis foundation in that context. Read the post here: http://endparalysis.org/spinal-cord-...ards-recovery/
    I hope you will find it informative.
    Corinne Jeanmaire on behalf of the EndParalysis foundation, with thanks to Grammy and to Ruth for their support ;-)

Please like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/endparalysis
    and follow us on twitter http://www.twitter.com/endparalysis
    thanks!
    Corinne

Nice blog. Good clear summary.

Thank you Silvio!
    Corinne

Nice read.
    Thank you

Excellent read ...

I was under the impression that Dr Silver gave up on Ch'ase because of Acorda's patent and had developed his own peptide. I must be wrong?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hi Lynnifer,
    Indeed Dr Jerry Silver mainly works on his peptide now, but he does still consider some combination including Ch'ase. Ch'ase, unlike the peptide so far, does work in chronic settings. However the main issue for Ch'ase is to fine-tune the delivery method and to make it safe. This is the purpose of the Chase-it project launched by Spinal Research in the UK.
    Corinne
    www.endparalysis.org
    www.facebook.com/endparalysis

Wow, very good! Is there any talk about The potential timeframe when Dr. Edgertons transcutaneous epidural stimulator progress will be published?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Wow, very good! Is there any talk about The potential timeframe when Dr. Edgertons transcutaneous epidural stimulator progress will be published?
    Nobody knows. The study hasn't even opened for the NeuralRecovery Tech. human trial recruitment yet. ARM/HAND LINK & LEG LINK

Additional information on Epidural Stimulation Clinical Trials and Future Planning would probably be found in this thread LINK when more information becomes available on it. Corinne's post was a compilation of all the SCI studies that were in the news last year.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-16-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Nobody knows. The study hasn't even opened for the NeuralRecovery Tech. human trial recruitment yet. ARM/HAND LINK & LEG LINK

Additional information on Epidural Stimulation Clinical Trials and Future Planning would probably be found in this thread LINK when more information becomes available on it. Corinne's post was a compilation of all the SCI studies that were in the news last year.
    Huh, well that's weird if he has made the statement that he's seen significant recovery in patients with it already. Maybe they did something similar to the four paraplegics, wasn't much news on them getting recruited before.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The study hasn't even opened for the NeuralRecovery Tech. human trial recruitment yet. ARM/HAND LINK & LEG LINK
    It's my understanding that Dr. Edgerton is impressed with results that he's seen so far. Both of the clinical trial links I already posted today said "Spinal cord injury 1 or more years prior". I don't know what you think that criteria would mean.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-16-2015 at 07:43 PM.