Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Found a hard pea sized lump in my breast.

So happy for you! Glad you got it looked at though, as we would have been so sad to find it was bad news!

(KLD)

Thanks so much! I was really worried considering my family history on both sides is quite strong for breast cancer.

Now, the tech said their old mammogram machine was accessible ... the problem is that they're amalgamating our two hospitals again (they amalgamated four 15yrs ago) and now want one super-hospital. The machine she 'used to work on' WAS accessible so she can't see why it wasn't just moved over to the other hospital. When I call, I can't get by the phone nazis telling me it isn't ... when I get my chair going again, I'll have to get down there and see for myself. I will cause a stink about this!

I was lucky this time ... and I only felt it by accident when my arm brushed by my nipple in bed (it was 3 o'clock of my right nipple). This gave me reason to be so keenly aware in the future! Also, I'll be in bed with my cell phone rested there while I check it before bed ... I know cell phones are safe, but I've heard so many anecdotal stories that I'm convinced! No more resting it there.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Fantastic!

You say "Good news". I'd say that is an understatement, congratulations.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

That's great, getting on them about that accessible mammography machine! Access to breast exams is every woman's right. Here's to your good news, and a good night's sleep now that this worry is behind you! Also let's have one of these:
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

So glad to hear that!
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Awesome News glad to hear this.

I'm just catching up on things here and saw this thread. I'm SO glad that you have a good diagnosis. Yikes, that's scary stuff. What makes me really mad is all the crap you had to deal with along the way. Having a mobility disability is way enough to deal with, without more problems accessing the necessary care. You went through much more fright than was necessary. I'm a benign sort of person but think someone needs to be smacked upside the head over this. Tell me who.

Great News!!

We need pics. "Just for research"