Thread: CAD drawings , please help

CAD drawings , please help

The top is the dayana delgado ortiz CAD - SN44504.pdfdayana delgado ortiz CAD - Q286764.pdfCAD draw for my new chair and the second one is the one I have current. The rehab tech keeps telling my that I should change the COG because it will not be the same. Tilite is telling it will be the same, please I need some help. thanks

The balance of the ZR is probably would be slightly more stable because it has 1/2" longer Occupied Frame Length and sits 1" lower. I wouldn't worry too much about the COG (assuming the COG on the TR's CAD is still the same on the actual chair).

The bigger concern would be if you need the same amount of tubing in front of the upholstery. It appears you have about an inch before the bend on the TR. On the ZR as it is currently spec'd, the bend will start immediately in front of the upholstery.

Quote Originally Posted by danita72 View Post
    The top is the dayana delgado ortiz CAD - SN44504.pdfdayana delgado ortiz CAD - Q286764.pdfCAD draw for my new chair and the second one is the one I have current. The rehab tech keeps telling my that I should change the COG because it will not be the same. Tilite is telling it will be the same, please I need some help. thanks
    Putting aside the issue of your COG, why is the caster pin width (that is, the span from left to right casters) so wide, 18.0" and 17.25" respectively, for a chair with a seat width of 15"? (My 15" wide TR3 has a caster pin span of 16.0".) As the caster pin width increases, it places you at a further distance when transferring. I'm also wondering if your footrest width could be made narrower. Pics of you sitting in your current chair would be instructive.

I requested a 10' footrest but ti lite told me the 11' is the only option I have with the 1.5 taper footrest.

Quote Originally Posted by danita72 View Post
    I requested a 10' footrest but ti lite told me the 11' is the only option I have with the 1.5 taper footrest.
    You might be interested to learn that the TiLite order form specs do no represent your only option choices. For example, I just ordered a new ZR and requested a 2" seat taper, not the 1.5" or 2.5" that's offered on the order form. How was I able to do this? I contacted TiLite and asked them!!

If you're not interested in a V-front end, which would allow you the option of a 10" footrest with a 15" seat width, then have your rehab tech to contact TiLite to see if they can accommodate a narrower footrest width than 11.0" when ordering a standard (tapered) front end. From an engineering standpoint it's not obvious to me why you can't get a narrower footrest. Have your tech contact TiLite and inquire about this (and tell him/her upfront that you want to know the name of the TiLite customer support staff they contact). Better yet, contact TiLite yourself and find out. (I would suggest reaching out to Kenny Helland 509.586.6117 x276, whom I find to be extremely helpful.) The ordering process can be intimidating because of all of the variables at play -- it can be a steep learning curve. To the extent possible, it's better to become as expert as possible before you finalize your order, not after your chair arrives.