Thread: c500 leg rest assembly fell off...we're in Aruba!

c500 leg rest assembly fell off...we're in Aruba!

Hi all, we are blessed to be in Aruba on our honeymoon. The legrest assembly just fell off! Any suggestions for a quick repair till we get home? I cant find a diagram of how the black strap connects!

Blog Entries
    Aruba in Feb? Sorry no compassion here.
    Kidding aside, can you seek out the head maintenance guy for the resort, he'd likely have the tools, and for a few quid of motivation he could bolt you back together until you get back here. Then get Permobil's attention as to why they're putting out such crap product these days. I just replaced my '06 version of c300 with a 2014. I'd do anything to instead refurb my '06 and send my current model back to Sweden with a "no thank you" banner across it.

It sounds like you have the Corpus 3G seating system. Below is the link to the online service manual. It should have the info you need. Good luck.

http://www.permobilus.com/manuals/75.pdf
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Home from Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Aruba in Feb? Sorry no compassion here.
    Kidding aside, can you seek out the head maintenance guy for the resort, he'd likely have the tools, and for a few quid of motivation he could bolt you back together until you get back here. Then get Permobil's attention as to why they're putting out such crap product these days. I just replaced my '06 version of c300 with a 2014. I'd do anything to instead refurb my '06 and send my current model back to Sweden with a "no thank you" banner across it.
    Thanks Tim C. - we couldn't have said it better. Unfortunately most things these days are like that - the older versions are MUCH more durable and MUCH better built! The chair we are talking about actually is from 2008, so we agree with what you are saying. The 2013 Redman is a total ($48,000) piece of junk which is why we left it in the truck in Pittsburgh and took the old one on vacation!

We are back at home now and what a rude awakening Pittsburgh has proven to be - bbbbrrrrrrrrr! I managed to find a hardware store and purchased two bungee cords and a ratchet strap. This was AFTER I was in a grocery store and stocked up on two rolls of duct tape and a couple of packs of shoestrings. Hey, whenever you are in Macgyver mode, you do what you can, right?

The ratchet strap did the trick and thanks to SCIfor55yrs I pulled up the instructions and hopefully between the two of us (me as the trusty assistant and Danny as the brains of the operation) we will be able to fix it ourselves. If not, we have a tech coming to finish fixing the control switch box so we will add that to the list. Danny looked at the instructions briefly and it's hard to tell, but we will try.

Just as a side note, Delta Airlines was wonderful to us and for all intents and purposes the chair survived the round trip flights in perfect condition. I would like to think we are getting smarter though and at least we put the chair in neutral and turned the circuit off (at least that's the position the lever was in) before relinquishing it to the transport people. Each time we got the chair back though, it was no longer in neutral AND they had it turned ON and were pushing it! Ugh! Any thoughts on how to further disarm them from being able to turn it on would be most appreciated.