Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Tilite Tr and Zr

Difference between Tilite Tr and Zr

I have been using a Tilite TR for about 8 years now and decided to get a new chair and purchased a ZR. The vender that I purchased it from is telling me that the frame for the ZR sits higher than the TR and that is why I sit so much higher in my new chair. I am having problems transferring from my car to my chair because of the height difference. Did anyone run across this problem or did my vender screw up when he ordered the chair? When I compare the specs for the 2 chairs that Tilite has they are the same but I sit totally different in the chair.

First thing I'd do is verify that specs are the same by checking the specs on TiLite.com using the Serial Number Lookup service.
    The second thing I'd do is check the seat sling; maybe your TR's sling sags more than the new ZR.
    IMO frames should sit the same if specs are the same. Measure them.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The only things that I see different between the 2 is the TR center of gravity is set at 1.5" and the ZR is 1.75", and the seat to footrest is 15" on the TR and 15.5" on the ZR. When he delivered my chair I had him adjust the footrest up for me since my legs seemed to be not level when I was sitting in my chair. Also would going from primo passage tire to the Schwalbe Marathon contribute to a 2lb weight difference of the chair?

Hi Lisa, have you tried sending a request in the manufacturer vendor forum? You can talk to a Ti Lite rep and like Chasmenger said give him your new serial number and the older serial number. Have him look up the specs re- seat to floor height both and front and back and you will get you questions answered and no if the vendor messed up. Good luck from a fellow Ti lite user and reseller. Nick

We looked at your chair configurations. Here is what we have on the two chairs side by side (as they were when they left our facility). There should be no reason that the heights are this far off between chairs. They should be identical and we think there is something else going on. We suggest you take the chairs back to the dealer and have them evaluate the two frames side by side.

SN# 49791SN# 11956828
    TRFS1 TiLite TR K0009 $2895ZR
    TRFF1 SATIN FRAME FINISH STD
    TRANO1 BLACK ANODIZE PACKAGE STD
    TRSW1 16" SEAT WIDTH16
    TRSD1 16" SEAT DEPTH16
    TRFSH1 19" FRONT SEAT HEIGHT19
    TRRSH1 18" REAR SEAT HEIGHT18
    TRFA1 80 DEGREE FRONT ANGLE80
    ="15" SEAT TO FOOTREST"16
    TRFTR1 TI FOOTREST W/FLAT ABS COVER STD
    ="4" TAPER FOOTREST"
    TRFW1 10" FOOTREST WIDTH12
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Are the cushion and seat base (sling vs solid pan) the same?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

You need to make sure everything thing that can alter height are exactly the same or darn close. Even the height of the tire sidewall. You can easily drastically alter the height simply be changing from a standard tire to a off-road tire. Can even alter that height by the air pressure in the tire. I did not look at either spec for the chairs. Also a new seat cushion verses an old worn out one.

I have contacted my vender to go over everything with him and sent him the info that I received from TiLite via message board. I did get a new Jay cushion, but even when I use my old one I am still having issues with the new chair. I put the new cushion on the old chair and I am fine.

I'm wondering if somehow the DMEs gave you somebody else's Satin/Black chair that has slightly different specs? Have you measured the new chair?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Yes I measured both chairs and they seem to measure the same. I put my old worn out Jay cushion on my new chair and seem to be sitting lower but have not got a chance to see if it makes a difference with my car transfers.