Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of solid seat pan materials?

What is G10? I saw this in the choice of Tilite wheelchair.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    What is G10? I saw this in the choice of Tilite wheelchair.
    G10 is fiber glass composite laminate consisting of a continuous filament glass cloth material with an epoxy resin binder. It's most well known use is for mother-boards for computers.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I'm very aware of that CF pan thread, but I'm cheap. Why buy CF if ABS works? .
    And why buy ABS if playwood Works? just painted in black or put a cf stick on it.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    . This thread and this one might be give you some inspiration.
    Great thread

Bamboo could be an option - you could also buy a carbon sandwich panel or sheets of carbon - this place sells both: http://www.protechcomposites.com/sandwich-panels/

You could do the ergo shape by using two pieces that you seam with a bent joint of aluminum or abs.

Thanks!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    And why buy ABS if playwood Works? just painted in black or put a cf stick on it.
    yep, marine plywood would be a great choice for me. (And it would be consistent with my love of ships!)
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-05-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I sit on hardwood. Have forever. It does weigh some if you are concerned about weight. HOWEVER, I am having BIG problems with the life of Stimulite Sport cushion. I can only get 6-8 months life out of cushion before I need to replace it. I end up with my ass bones, I think, practically sitting against the hardwood. I like these cushions and think I am on 3-4. I am tired of spending the money to continually replace the cushion. I QUESTION if the wood insert is the issue with the life of the cushion. I am now looking into going to a CF or another solid set base in hopes that would solve life of cushion issue.

The wood insert or probably any other insert has the ability to move. It is not rigidly attached to anything. I think that creates wear and other issues. Anything not rigidly attached, I think asking for problems. I think this is what I have.

Before trying CF, does it make sense to try securing the wood to the frame with Velcro like other threads suggested for CF?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>