Does anyone sit on a stimuliTE contoured wheelchair cushion? I sat on a ROHO QUADTRO FOR OVER 10 YEARS, but started having problems....Left ischial pressure sore problems combined with heterotopic ossification on my right femur so tried a ride custom cushion, which I totally %$*(YT*&^% hate. I sat on that for eight months, and after 20 years of disc degeneration and other bull crap in my lower spine, I cannot sit straight up. Hence this will not work!

My main question is... Do you have to sit straight up on the stimulite? Can you curve your back some and shift around? On the ride cushion, I'm stuck in one spot. TIRED OF THIS SHIXXX.

I ride on Stimulite Contour. I don't don't have a SCI, but I can move about on it. And I can slouch, not sit up straight if I feel like it. If you were in Seattle you could try one of mine.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Thanks. I'm on the other side of the state.

I do use a stimulite contour on my manual chair and a roho on my power chair at work. The count our is very stiff in comparison to the roho even with the xs layer. I personally would not recommend if you are already having IT problems. Do you have access to a sci clinic that can do pressure mapping? Considering you are having problems with the roho this is your best option. They may need to get creative or work with a cushion they can customize for you and your needs. Some cushions now combine foam bases with roho or gel and their are other air cushions too.