Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a caregiving nightmare

That's excellent! Sometimes a little public pressure can move police to action, especially with a little shove from your local embarrassed politician!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Nice job!! Use the first story as a jumping off point for going to speak to local politicians. Now that it has been in the press, there is more pressure on them to get involved... especially if you tell them that there will be a follow-up story and their name could be mentioned.... (if they don't help...).

How pathetic you have to jump through these hoops. Shame shame Holland.... shame shame...

This is thoroughly discouraging to have a absolutely useless Police force. Of what use are they ? We whine about ours, yet we get real service from ours. A case such as yours would cause a hullabloo of activity. I know you love your dogs, but this is really a case of attempted murder in the comittment of larceny, at the least an attempt to cause serious bodily harm while comitting larceny. The dogs are by far secondary. Produce it that way to the TV people, and the ineptitude of your local Police, to even investigate. Don't let this go away.

I got the update, I hope you're doing ok elarson And I really hope the police start taking this seriously!!!!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Thanks ~Lin,

No, the police or prosecution have not done anything yet. I've waited to send the petition because we were waiting for another newspaper article. Here is a link if you want to see the roughly translated English: http://www.pitlarson.com/internet-pe...er-dog-jansen/

It's still pretty slow going with getting support on the petition. I think the story is just too complicated for most.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Sorry to hear you're going through this, I've had $$ and pain medication stolen by CNA's over the years but nothing as bad this. Do you have security cameras? I don't mean to frighten you but you might want to get some considering whats happened. Anyway, I signed, good luck!
    Dan G. in CT

Thanks Quadzila. Every signature helps, even if they don't take action -- it helps us to know that we are not crazy in expecting basic justice. This situation would not have been changed by camera's. the drug overdose was given in a wheelchair taxi just before they arrived home. Mostly I am around when care people are here, because I work from home. If that ever changes, I'll definitely get camera's, but that also assumes the time to be able to check them.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

signed
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-10-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Removed spam url