Thread: Meeting a guy injured 64 years

Meeting a guy injured 64 years

Just got off the phone with a nurse at hospice. She asked me to visit a man who's been injured 64 years. Pretty incredible and looking forward to meeting him and hearing of his wonderful life. I wonder if I can get him interested in handcycling or basketball?

Why is he in hospice?

Not sure Jim, will find out Monday. He's there til Weds. so I trust it's not a life ending event.

Wondering if hospice might be the only option for respite care for his family. Is he a higher level Pat?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Wondering if hospice might be the only option for respite care for his family. Is he a higher level Pat?
    We have one other place for respite care but may have been full. I think he's a quad Karl, not sure. Will be interesting to talk with him. Not too many out there like ole SCI55.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    We have one other place for respite care but may have been full. I think he's a quad Karl, not sure. Will be interesting to talk with him. Not too many out there like ole SCI55.
    Please give us an update after you see him. I would like to know the level and extent of his injury, and if and where he got rehabed. I wonder if he is a Korean War vet. The times seem about right.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Please give us an update after you see him. I would like to know the level and extent of his injury, and if and where he got rehabed. I wonder if he is a Korean War vet. The times seem about right.
    Will ask those questions. I asked if he was service connected injury and he said no. Will also give him this forums address.