Thread: RSieck

RSieck

I tried to find that old thread but couldn't. Did you ever get one of those track chairs? If so how do you like it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    I tried to find that old thread but couldn't. Did you ever get one of those track chairs? If so how do you like it?
    if you are asking about the Action Track Chair, we have had one for several years and are not happy with the chair or the company. The chair leaves you sitting on most inclines waiting for something to cool down or reset. When you contact the company they send you to reps in your area who replace the batteries for about $500 then Tell you there's something wrong with the chair so you have to contact the company in Minnesota. The company in Minnesota is the place you called first who sent you to the rep who screwed you on the batteries you didn't need.

Oh that sucks. No this was http://www.tracfab.com/.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Oh that sucks. No this was http://www.tracfab.com/.
    It looks identical to the Action Track Chair, hopefully it has worked out the problems with it's competition's chair. Have you checked out the "Ripchair 3.0"?

Ok damn that sucks I hope they worked the problems out. Really considering getting something like it.

TracFab never had many issues to start, they have recently made all the necessary perfections to get it dialed in. Great product. They're made in my home town.. pretty cool

Not to mention Trac Fab are the only ones that sell a 30 inch width frame in the same concept

30" would be a huge selling point. Being able to get it into a van would allow for a lot more independence. I've tried the action-track chairs a couple of times but only for short periods, so I can't speak to their endurance. I was impressed at times, but not overly convinced that they're much stronger than a regular wheelchair. That would explain the motors over-heating and the controller shutting down.

I'd love to take the Trac-Fab for a 3-4 hour test drive to put it through the paces. The Rip-Chair would be awesome but, once again, you're looking at having to trailer it. Not to mention the price tag.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein