Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fitting Marathon Plus Evolution tires on Spinergy rims

On YouTube paralyzedliving (previously black pearl) has one video where he shows how to change the tires on the exact combination you are speaking of

Just in case anyone wants to easily see this video, it is really good, as are all of his video's at Paralyzed Living.

How To Repair a Flat Wheelchair Tire

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I started this post about 9 months ago, but but still haven't replaced my husband's Schwalbe MPE tires. He just got a puncture from a 1/2 inch screw, so I guess now is the time to replace them both (see photo). Given the difficulty in replacing tubes, I'm wondering if it is worth holding on to either of the tires for backups -- they are about 2.5 years old, but not a lot of mileage? Can a tire that has had a small puncture still be used?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I'd decide after looking at the inside damage.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.