Thread: Molift Smart 150 patient lift sling

Molift Smart 150 patient lift sling

My wife has talked me into getting a lift in case I should fall out of my chair etc. We're getting older and the one arm push back into the chair is long past lol. I think I've settled on the Molift 150 for it's portability and being able to be folded away. I doubt we'll ever use it but just in case, it'll be there.

My dme is asking what type of sling do I prefer. I'm completely in the dark for that. The Molift offers a new RGO sling probably medium back height or the Nova sling.http://www.etac.com/en/etaccomexp/St...And-HighBack1/

Any suggestions would be appreciated on the lift or a sling. It would be used mainly for getting off the floor back into my chair. Thanks

The RGO looks good. You want a sling with the buttocks open, as this is the easiest to get in place when laying down and easily remove when you are sitting (in your chair or on a commode). You don't want a sling that you leave in place under you in the chair for any length of time...this can be a major source of skin breakdown.

The Molift 150 is a very nice lift. It stores very compactly, and can also be used for travel.

(KLD)

Thank you KLD. It's much appreciated.

I had the same problem, could not get myself back into chair unless my 2 teenage sons were home to help so I modified my porchlift and it works great. I now can put myself back into chair without help. The lift was set to stop at floor level, changed that to allow it to go above, added extra switches and safety bar and was good to go, works great!

Will

Willvape, that would only work if you fell near the porchlift, right? Not everyone can crawl or drag themselves that far, and I have seen some serious skin problem occur (major rug burn!) where someone attempted to do so.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The RGO looks good. You want a sling with the buttocks open, as this is the easiest to get in place when laying down and easily remove when you are sitting (in your chair or on a commode). You don't want a sling that you leave in place under you in the chair for any length of time...this can be a major source of skin breakdown.

The Molift 150 is a very nice lift. It stores very compactly, and can also be used for travel.
    (KLD)
    Thanks again KLD. I ordered the Molift RGO Toilet lowback sling #1720540. It has the open buttock like you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Willvape, that would only work if you fell near the porchlift, right? Not everyone can crawl or drag themselves that far, and I have seen some serious skin problem occur (major rug burn!) where someone attempted to do so.

(KLD)
    I agree you must me careful, my porchlift is inside my attached garage and lifts me up a couple feet to house level, I don't have any trouble dragging myself from anywhere in the house to it, no rugs , just slippery hardwood. I tried to buy a lift to suit my needs but no one makes one, all the lifts available are meant to have someone lift you with a sling, I wanted a lift that didn't need a sling and one I could operate on my own.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by willvape View Post
    I agree you must me careful, my porchlift is inside my attached garage and lifts me up a couple feet to house level, I don't have any trouble dragging myself from anywhere in the house to it, no rugs , just slippery hardwood. I tried to buy a lift to suit my needs but no one makes one, all the lifts available are meant to have someone lift you with a sling, I wanted a lift that didn't need a sling and one I could operate on my own.

Will
    If you can crawl or drag yourself around, get a bath chair lift, 2-4 hundred dollars, light weight, battery operated and small. I took the wings and pad off mine (extra one) to make transfers easier.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    If you can crawl or drag yourself around, get a bath chair lift, 2-4 hundred dollars, light weight, battery operated and small. I took the wings and pad off mine (extra one) to make transfers easier.
    Funny you should mention bath chair lift, never heard of them before ( rollin shower ) till a couple months back when I seen one in the local adds, I thought perfect thing to me to re-purpose for another job I had, I bought it , mounted it on a frame at wheel-chair height in my garage and it lifts me up high enough that I can get into my Argo without help so I can plow the driveway with it. I have an old wheel-chair that I will mount the bath chair on when the snow's gone that I can use mobile to lift myself up were-ever.

Will

There are also fall rescue devices made that some fire departments and hospitals are using now:

http://www.prismmedicalinc.com/camel...ift-chair.html

http://www.prismmedicalinc.com/elk-i...g-cushion.html

Having something like the Molift for travel or bed to wheelchair or wheelchair to commode transfers though has some major advantages over devices that only raise you up from the floor.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-30-2015 at 08:32 PM.