Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback regarding Tilte ZR order.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    What is the major issue? Reaching the push rims? Stability? ........ Getting knees under tables?
    Yes.The angle of your elbow when you hand is at the 12 o'clock position on the push rim should be 100-120 degrees. Too high, and you won't be efficient and you'll increase your risk for upper limb strain.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks SCI_OTR ! That makes sense. I put books under the cushion to simulate what different RSHs would look and feel like.The books didn't reach the front of the cushion - hence the slope...
    Here is RSH of 20":Name:  IMG_0395.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  94.2 KB
    And here is an RSH of 19"Name:  IMG_0396.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  95.1 KB
    I don't have a protractor - they both feel reasonable. The air is definitely thinner up here then my usual 16"RSH !

Damn you low level paras!. Looks good. I'd love to have that type of stability and pushrim access with so little seat dump!

Would you mind if I used one of those pics in a presentation I am giving at the International Seating Symposium later this month?

There is practically plus and minus to all of these options. Each person has stated what they like about how things are configured. That is good. It gives you much to think about. You need to understand how ad where you will be using the wheelchair majority of the time. Then take all of the plusses and minuses and see how they fit you exactly. For example, I had a Quickie 2 as my first chair. It had swing away, flip back foot rest. Probably was great as first chair. Those foot rest made things far easier than a fixed footrest. Many years later I sit on fixed footrest. I would never touch a swing away flip back again - for many reasons. Person evaluating you for chair does not know your life. You are that person. You need to provide as much information as you possibly can to these people when being evaluated. And do not be afraid to contradict or ask questions regarding their ideas.

rimtrmiles- good point - I am considering the totality of all the advice.
    SCI_OTR - you are welcome to use that picture. I was trying to show my arm angle at 12 o'clock on the push rim. I think the bottom shot with 20"FSH/19"RSH seems good.
    Hey - high quads want to be low quads who want to be high paras who want to be low paras who want to be low amputees who want to be ABs who want to be Larry Elison or Michael Jordan !

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    . . . Hey - high quads want to be low quads who want to be high paras who want to be low paras who want to be low amputees who want to be ABs who want to be Larry Elison or Michael Jordan !
    Excellent !!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

SCI_OTR, do you prefer the elbow angle at the 12 oclock position over the fingertips to axle center?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Finally, the insurance has gone through and I am placing my order for the ZR today. I requested a CAD but my DME did it while we were still deciding dimensions so it doesn't reflect the final chair- here is what I decided on.
    Width 14, Real wheel 25", castors 4", FSH 20", RSH 19", seat depth 17", COG 2.25", seat to footplate 17", fixed ti rear seat post 9" height, solid titanium bars footplate, V-front, removable CF clothing guards. The occupied dimension with 85 degree front is 23.4", Ride Design cushion-
    At the last minute I changed my mind and changed from 85 degree to 90 degree front angle. Tilite called back to say that I couldn't choose 90 degrees because the caster wheels would interfere with the rear wheel.
    My choices were three:
    1. change back to 85 degrees,
    2.increase the length of the chair by 1.5"
    3.move the caster arms out by some amount I didn't write down.
    I chose option one.

Congrats!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

It finally arrived !

Happy so far. I think in retrospect I would have copied Stephen212 regarding the back bar tilted up so you could sling a backpack and grab the chair more readily. I think I would also plagiarize his foot rest being parallel to the floor. On another note, I don't see why Tilite wouldn't allow a 90 degree front - the casters have lots of room from the rear wheels - maybe it would be too unstable generally. COG - I think the DME people nailed it. If anything it is on the front heavy side - I will get used to it.Name:  IMG_0689.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  864.4 KBName:  IMG_0690.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  893.9 KB

Here is my old trusty GPV with 24 inch wheels that I would push with my functioning leg. What a difference! To everyone who helped me, a big thanks for all the sage help and advice - Name:  IMG_0685.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  754.9 KBName:  IMG_0686.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  759.7 KB

I post pictures with me in it shortly.