Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still having trouble uploading pics - is there admin help? Where to post?

Still having trouble uploading pics - is there admin help? Where to post?

Hello,

As stated, I cannot get pics to post. I have tried large and small files/pics. Pics I uploaded a long time ago are listed and it appears that they would load.

See steps below. ANY help MUCH appreciated. Thanks

My steps:

1 - Go Advanced (from quick reply)
    2 - Manage Attachments
    3 - Add Files (kind of green color 'plus' sign)
    4 - Select Files
    5 - browse to directory on my computer that has file
    6 - Select file (*.jpg, 119kb)
    7 - click 'open'
    8 - Back on CareCure, my file is listed, with size and a box with an 'X' in it
    9 - click on 'Upload files', a status bar affect, and then my file is still listed, but has a red circle/button with an exclamation point in it over on the right. Msg at bottom of box says 'files: 0 Total Size: 0'.

I have also tried clicking on the icon for 'insert image' from the other options at the top of the edit box, or whatever it is that you type in.

I have also tried the 'basic uploader'. I have, a long time ago uploaded pics.

Keywords: upload add insert pic pics photo photos image images howto how-to how to photograph photographs
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-MN View Post
    My steps:

1 - Go Advanced (from quick reply)
    2 - Manage Attachments. USE INSERT IMAGE INSTEAD.
    3 - Add Files (kind of green color 'plus' sign)
    4 - Select Files
    5 - browse to directory on my computer that has file
    6 - Select file (*.jpg, 119kb)
    7 - click 'open'
    8 - Back on CareCure, my file is listed, with size and a box with an 'X' in it
    9 - click on 'Upload files', a status bar affect, and then my file is still listed, but has a red circle/button with an exclamation point in it over on the right. Msg at bottom of box says 'files: 0 Total Size: 0'.
    EXAMPLE:

Name:  cozy-arizona-homes-roll-qak2r.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  79.9 KB

If you don't get a green check mark after uploading the photo, but instead get a red exclamation point, the photo is too large. Try this site for resizing your photos if you can't do that right on your computer: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

(KLD)

Test test test

No test forum, so I am testing here

It works!!! Thanks KLD!!

Name:  Monarch Instructions 1310.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  118.9 KB
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

I am unable to post any pics. the problem is not the picture size. Any size get rejected. I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error:
    • File system directory "./images/customavatars/3/1/5/9/0" is not writable or cannot be found. Please create this directory; ensure the directory is writable or change the directory setting.

Unable to proceed with save while $errors array is not empty in class vB_DataManager_AttachmentFiledata in ..../includes/class_dm.php on line 849

Can someone help me fix the problem?

Thanks

Did you try post #2 ^

Yes, I did and I tried many other things. Nothing works for me. I was able to change my Avatar with one of the pictures I am trying to load as atachement and it took it. So, I don't know Why it doesn't work as attachement. It's the first time I am loading pics on the new system and I was able to load any pic on the old system. I am using an iMac if it make any difference. It seems a directory problem if you look at the error

The picture above that I posted was posted from my Mac (using Firefox).

Are you using "insert image" or "attachments" or "Manage Attachments"?? There is a difference. For photos you need to use "insert image"

This one is inserted from a Windows computer (at work):

Name:  Screen shot.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  133.8 KB
    (KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 02-05-2015 at 04:37 PM.

I assume you tried a different browser?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I assume you tried a different browser?
    Normally I use Safari but I did try using Google Chrome with the same result. Yes I use insert image in Advanced mode but always get an exclamation icon quickly even for a tiny picture 200x200px 18kb. The weird thing is, I can download a picture downloaded by someone else on this website and uploaded back with no problems. I tried any picture taken with my iPhone, my Lumix camera, a picture that I have uploaded with success on the old system, any graphics from my computer nothing seems to work.

https://flic.kr/p/r4FxdM

I set the Enhanced Attachment Uploading off in general setting to see if it would make a difference but no luck there either.

Were the pictures all saved as jpg on your computer??

(KLD)