Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evangelical helpers

Question Evangelical helpers

Any ideas on finding a very smooth way to say "leave me alone and never say another word and I could be miraculously cured if I believed in Jesus". I've tried a variety of different kind responses ? but some people are like door-to-door salesman that just won't go away. I need the assistance but not the preaching.

how about "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

I can't take credit for that, Jack Nicholson said that in As Good as it gets. I think it's perfect.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Blog Entries
    Are you talking about caregivers?
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

"Your God is supposed to be an all knowing, all loving God. If he was all knowing, he knew I would be injured and allowed it to happen. He is supposed to be all loving; how is he all loving and allowing this to happen to me and others?"

"Your Jesus, had three days of torture and took the easy way out; the same Savior is making me spend a lifetime of torment with a ticket to Hell if I decide to end it myself. Talk to me when your Jesus spends more than three days in pain."

I invite those people to my church. i tell them I will even come pick them up and take them. Not one has taken me up on it and I never see them again.

Tell them that you have already prayed that they will leave you alone. That prayer has still not been answered, hence it seems very unlikely that God would intervene over something more complex, like SCI.

Some good answers here. I need the personal care, but the my God is better than your idea of God is so self righteous. The hard part for me is that she is kind yet ignorant of the fact that proletyzing is harmful. I may resort to harsh words; there may be no other way.
    Why must every religion need to tell others they are wrong and going to hell unless saved by choosing the right spiritual sports team?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    "Your God is supposed to be an all knowing, all loving God. If he was all knowing, he knew I would be injured and allowed it to happen. He is supposed to be all loving; how is he all loving and allowing this to happen to me and others?"

"Your Jesus, had three days of torture and took the easy way out; the same Savior is making me spend a lifetime of torment with a ticket to Hell if I decide to end it myself. Talk to me when your Jesus spends more than three days in pain."
    Nailed it with logic. Logic is unfortunately devoid in this lady.

Just roll your eyes and go away .. no getting through to these people.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Tough situation. Her theology is off-kilter, but there's not a quick & easy way to convince her of that.

I'd encourage her to read this book: http://amzn.to/1AYJsrA