Thread: Re-infected foot?

Question Re-infected foot?

Last summer I injured my foot. Skinned it pretty good dragging it on asphalt. Initially it looked like it healed well. Then in September there was a infection underneath what had healed. This got treated and I had no further problems. Now to my question. Yesterday my wife found a, how she described it, squishy slightly raised spot in the area I had injured. There is no redness and it is not warm. Wondering if there could be another infection?
    There's always something magic, there's always something true. And when you really, really need it the most, that's when rock 'n roll dreams come true. Meat Loaf

It is possible that you could have an abscess or "pus pocket" under the skin. You should see your provider and have this further assessed. If it is found to be such, I would want to be sure you do not have any osteomyelitis underlying this wound. Ask to have a CRP blood test done in addition to a WBC count, and if your CPR is elevated, an MRI of the foot would be needed to further determine if there is any osteomylitis.

(KLD)