Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "break down" lightweight travel power chair

This one has a delux version with 12 inch rear wheels that look much larger and better than the small ones, but it comes with a significant increase in cost. Weight only increases to 60 pounds, but that may be the straw that breaks the camels back. However their page does show they sell the programing unit. http://www.ezlitecruiser.com/ I only found this because someone near here has one up for sale on craigs http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/hab/4855952770.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I saw that one, nonoise. It looks about the same as the smart chair. Only thing I can't figure out is that the battery is under the seat, but it has those same side "sleeves" where the batteries are located in the smart chair. What's THAT all about? What are those there for if not to contain batteries? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    I saw that one, nonoise. It looks about the same as the smart chair. Only thing I can't figure out is that the battery is under the seat, but it has those same side "sleeves" where the batteries are located in the smart chair. What's THAT all about? What are those there for if not to contain batteries? Thanks!
    That explains the extra battery they offer on the accessories page. Actually those tubes are probably as much structural as well as anything else. And the up side of it is if the battery ever needed to be replaced one would not be forced to get the proprietary SmartChair tube battery. In fact you could just cut the cable off this one and get any litihium phosphate 24 volt battery and use it.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I'm with you on the scooter issue. I can't stand using store scooters, having my arms in front of me badly hurts my shoulders. The fact I'm a rather petite woman and the scooters are unisex for a large variety of body sizes makes it much worse. It hurts so much to have to hold my arms out in front of me like that with no support.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.