Thread: I enjoyed the Irish movie How About You.

Thank you so much for your valuable input.
    In attach you can see how my wound looks after 3hours of staying in wheelchair. I'll try to find and use a foam dressing.

http://s2.postimg.org/4txhsxnhl/after3h.jpg

I'm still afraid to sleep on my back, but in the near future i'll have no choice because of the pain sholders. I've use parafine dredding as primary because i didn't find the petrolium one.

ps: i've used the link, because attach continued to return an error

Do you have a helper or family member who can help you for a week or two to turn you in bed? Like you go to sleep on your back for 3 hours and then have someone turn you to one side and then again to your other side again or return to your back after another 3 hours? When on your back try to sleep with the bed flat but a pillow under your head. If you raise the head of the bed you may put more pressure on the sore area.
    I'll see if Hartman has foam bandages. I think they mean like Tegaderm here in the US. Just no hydrocolloid bandages. They will dry it out too much.

I don't think you need a dressing any more. The wound appears to be fully epithelialized (covered with skin). The scar will continue to be a vulnerable area forever. Don't use vitamin E on the scar...it can actually weaken it. If you can get a silicone sheet type of dressing (we use TopiGel) you can put this on the scar to help protect it and help the scar remodel (which it will continue to do for the next 6-12 months). You can lift up these silicone sheets to bathe, and then reapply the same piece multiple times; you can even wash the sheet with soap and water if it gets soiled and reuse it again.

What kind of mattress are you sleeping on? I think if you are on a good mattress that is pressure reducing, you can start to spend short times on your back, but you should avoid putting the head of the bed up more than 30 degrees while laying on your back, as this adds shear and friction to the pressure in the area.

(KLD)

Https://biodermis.com has partners in Germany. If you talk to your doctor he may be able to get samples to try on different patients. The Epi-derm Natural Silicone Sheeting is like the Nurse described where you can wash and reuse the same piece for up to 6 weeks on your healed sore. Since this is also used on facial scars and breast cancer scars the company appears to send samples to doctors to try on patients to expand their business. This might also help with the dry feeling but without making the new skin wet and more prone to new sores.

Totally agree with Sue. I would shoot for that type of dressing. In the meantime, slowly adapt your wheelchair time to your schedule. Don't make too many changes at once, otherwise you won't know what is ok and what didn't work.
    CKF

I enjoyed the Irish movie How About You.

It's about Ellie, an attractive 20-something woman who takes over management of an elderly residence in Ireland while her sister, the owner, leaves during Xmas week to care for their ailing mother. Vanessa Redgrave as a former nightclub singer, two wacky sisters and a cantankerous retired judge unite to drive Ellie batty while the real boss is away. Hayley Atwell (who plays Marvel Comics secret agent Peggy Carter on ABC TV) stars as Ellie.
    You can get it from Netflix.