Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    a) where are the animal studies? No one has yet posted them, 4 pages in, and the article had no link to them.

b) Y8225009 (est.) seems to know more about this trial than anyone else on this forum

c) I am more interested in why no one else asked about animal studies besides Grammy, than I am about the actual animal studies.
    As I mentioned of course they did a lot of animal studies before going to human trial. I have no paper from them,but according the nation TV news,they did successfully restore function in rats and dogs. I don't think they are going to risk without animal studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    I'm really gonna be following this one, and hoping for some positive feedback. Gotta lose this wheelchair, ASAP. Feeling positive about this. Are these guys chronic?
    All the patients are chronic complete injury.

Also it's not this summer, apparently we could have the results for the first six patients this month. I don't know how much recovery and they would have seen by then. AlSo I don't know if it will made public.

Quote Originally Posted by y8225009 View Post
    As I mentioned of course they did a lot of animal studies before going to human trial. I have no paper from them,but according the nation TV news,they did successfully restore function in rats and dogs. I don't think they are going to risk without animal studies.
    The linear-ordered collagen scaffold-BDNF complex significantly promotes functional recovery after completely transected spinal cord injury in canine

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...42961214011910

Blog Entries
    This continues to sound more and more positive!

I logged in just to post this. Yep, it was broadcast on cctv, which is government. its a pretty big deal out here right now...

they got dogs to walk again, so its looking very very promising.

Anyone got any video links ? Imight?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    a) where are the animal studies? No one has yet posted them, 4 pages in, and the article had no link to them.

b) Y8225009 (est.) seems to know more about this trial than anyone else on this forum

c) I am more interested in why no one else asked about animal studies besides Grammy, than I am about the actual animal studies.
    I cannot speak for others, but after 30+ years I have no time and no interest in reading through animal studies. I have been watching rats with restored function since the late 80?s / early 90?s; none of these studies have done a thing for anyone with SCI. I am only interested in human trials that show functional recovery. The article states they have had functional recover with this approach in rats and dogs. Fortunately we have you to analyze animal studies and tell the researchers when their results are good enough to move to human trials.
    Until they have conducted human trials we will not know if functional recovery will be gained in humans. What we do know is that if they don?t move human trials there is no human benefit. Do not get me wrong, I?m all for basic science, but until basic science moves to human trials it does no humanly good.

Yes, Y8225009 seems pretty well dialed in. Thank you Y8225009!

Thanks James and Jyi for sharing, this sounds really good, ya it would be nice to see a video, i'll check out youtubeland or if anybody has a link to please post!