Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Quote Originally Posted by NWC4 View Post
    Using Chrome one can translate the entire article. Go to the article, right-click, select Translate to English.
    I did it! Thank you! manouli

Update: The third patient had been done in SUZHOU first hospital on 2015 Jan 21. The Phrase 1 has total 6 patients.They will do 3 months rehab after the operation. Then the research group will optimize their plan and start the Phrase 2 trial. The Phrase 2 trial will include 20-30 patients.I have been informed that all the patients for P1-P2 has been enrolled.
    Background:This trail is funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences which is the highest Chinese Gov Sciences Dep.
    It is a true clinic trial,not like other so called "cure", this trial is totally free and never claimed it is a cure.

I notice a few things make me very happy I would like to share with you guys:
    1.This group of scientists has been research for this Never regeneration collagen scaffold for more than ten years.The leader researcher Dr Dai Jianwu is Doctor of Science from Duke Uni and did his postdoctor in Harvard.He has very strong science background.
    2.The speed of the trial: They planed to finish the Phrase 1 trial before Chinese New Year which is 18th Feb 2015,and they already enrolled more than 30 volunteers for Phrase 2 trial since they told there is no place for anymore volunteer. Amazing !!!!!
    3.There are over 2million SCI in China,this is the first government approved stem cell+Never regeneration collagen scaffold clinic trial.It was a huge step.
    4.The group has found this tech works on beagle dog and rats.
    However,this might not be the cure yet,but I do think it is one of the most positive trial we have right now. Fingers crossed.

Great news dear y8225009. Keep us updated. Hope it works well in chronic patients and specially lower spinal injuries.
    Can you tell how old injuries they are taking in trial?

Quote Originally Posted by y8225009 View Post
    Update: The third patient had been done in SUZHOU first hospital on 2015 Jan 21. The Phrase 1 has total 6 patients.They will do 3 months rehab after the operation. Then the research group will optimize their plan and start the Phrase 2 trial. The Phrase 2 trial will include 20-30 patients.I have been informed that all the patients for P1-P2 has been enrolled.
    Background:This trail is funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences which is the highest Chinese Gov Sciences Dep.
    It is a true clinic trial,not like other so called "cure", this trial is totally free and never claimed it is a cure.

I notice a few things make me very happy I would like to share with you guys:
    1.This group of scientists has been research for this Never regeneration collagen scaffold for more than ten years.The leader researcher Dr Dai Jianwu is Doctor of Science from Duke Uni and did his postdoctor in Harvard.He has very strong science background.
    2.The speed of the trial: They planed to finish the Phrase 1 trial before Chinese New Year which is 18th Feb 2015,and they already enrolled more than 30 volunteers for Phrase 2 trial since they told there is no place for anymore volunteer. Amazing !!!!!
    3.There are over 2million SCI in China,this is the first government approved stem cell+Never regeneration collagen scaffold clinic trial.It was a huge step.
    4.The group has found this tech works on beagle dog and rats.
    However,this might not be the cure yet,but I do think it is one of the most positive trial we have right now. Fingers crossed.

I totally agree. To be honest with you I thought this would blow up but I guess not exciting enough. Worked on dogs? Must be pretty damn good.

Was any of the animal research data already posted here?

This Is an acute or subacute trial?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    This Is an acute or subacute trial?
    It's always a bit sketchy when using a translator, but the Doc seems to be stating the first few patients at least are chronic and completely transected. They are removing the "scare".

"The surgery object selection, spinal cord injury are among the most serious level. Why would dare to choose the first surgery in critically ill patients?
      Daijian Wu said that the first batch of clinical surgery need to assess the safety of operation - if surgery is no obstacle, no major postoperative side effects, it can be said to be safe. This requires completely transected, non-acute phase, the patient is completely hopeless spontaneous recovery. No problem in critically ill patients, other patients surgery, even no problem."

Hmm interesting, that would be quite the surgery, but Dr. Young has stated that China some of the best neurosurgeons in the world.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 01-30-2015 at 04:35 PM.

A neuro surgeon's dream is ASIA A. No need to be nervous about further damage. If they find success we will cheer.

Quote Originally Posted by NWC4 View Post
    It's always a bit sketchy when using a translator, but the Doc seems to be stating the first few patients at least are chronic and completely transected. They are removing the "scare".

"The surgery object selection, spinal cord injury are among the most serious level. Why would dare to choose the first surgery in critically ill patients?
      Daijian Wu said that the first batch of clinical surgery need to assess the safety of operation - if surgery is no obstacle, no major postoperative side effects, it can be said to be safe. This requires completely transected, non-acute phase, the patient is completely hopeless spontaneous recovery. No problem in critically ill patients, other patients surgery, even no problem."

Yes,they did the procedure in 170 dogs with complete SCI,it shows good results.