Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    Google stem cell tourism and some sites news articles discuss the disgusting telephone conversations they've had.
    Huh? What's going on with telephone conversations?

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Huh? What's going on with telephone conversations?
    Hi, do you have 40,000 dollars? We cured toe fungus with these things. Want a shot?

(extreme sarcasm / apologies)

seems like the choices are between unproven and nothing. you can argue the validity of the clinics but how can you mock those who take a leap of faith. To me those who offer phony cures are a smidgen worse than those who let disabled suffer to raise another hundred million for trials that go nowhere.

i just saw on vice the other night that they may have found a way to cure many different cancers and people are being treated and are recovering as we speak. congrats to cancer survivors. cancer and aids may be the only non prescription based illnesses that will ever see cures too due to the massive amounts of money they draw. while I've been hurt for 16 years and have seen nothing in terms of even advances in the conditions of those with sci. sci seems like a longshot in the cures in my lifetime list and you know with the proper climate this condition could be conquered by the many brains in the medical field especially with the advancements in technology.

I never thought I would watch my life pass me by like this....

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Hi, do you have 40,000 dollars? We cured toe fungus with these things. Want a shot?

(extreme sarcasm / apologies)
    That's ok, I understand what you're talking about now. Oh GADS! The audacity of it all. I gathered it was pretty deep since they even had patents on stem cells for weight loss now? A cure for everything from pimples to paralysis as long as you have 35k-40k in the bank you're a target if you reach out to them and haven't done some homework so you know better. It's sad but true that some people are openly preyed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    seems like the choices are between unproven and nothing. you can argue the validity of the clinics but how can you mock those who take a leap of faith. To me those who offer phony cures are a smidgen worse than those who let disabled suffer to raise another hundred million for trials that go nowhere.

i just saw on vice the other night that they may have found a way to cure many different cancers and people are being treated and are recovering as we speak. congrats to cancer survivors. cancer and aids may be the only non prescription based illnesses that will ever see cures too due to the massive amounts of money they draw. while I've been hurt for 16 years and have seen nothing in terms of even advances in the conditions of those with sci. sci seems like a longshot in the cures in my lifetime list and you know with the proper climate this condition could be conquered by the many brains in the medical field especially with the advancements in technology.

I never thought I would watch my life pass me by like this....
    I don't doubt that there are some truly trying to do good work. I have dreamed that SCI would one day get much larger dollars for research. I tend to ask more questions when clinics want money upfront and hold out that the cells they give you can treat multiple conditions. To date I haven't seen success. I believe if one has success that the patient will be all over the news screaming so others may follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    I agree with you 100 per cent. Does operating in Panama lower the legitimacy of the cell medicine clinic? The FDA is THE problem. The cure is hear...well not hear in U.S. but hear as in the present. That is why I adore the Panama clinic and am going to go for treatment.

The clinic says that numerous patients have recovered after treatment their. I don?t assume Panama clinicians are liars, until proven.
    They don't have approval in any reputable countries, nor funding because they have no consistent data be it animal or human to do so. So they sneak off to panama and charged 30 big for nothing. There is no comparison here, your just sounding like an idiot now man.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    They don't have approval in any reputable countries, nor funding because they have no consistent data be it animal or human to do so. So they sneak off to panama and charged 30 big for nothing. There is no comparison here, your just sounding like an idiot now man.
    he's being sarcastic.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    I'm talking to the board in general, not directly at you James. "Hey all". There were several people in THIS THREAD, that said animal studies are not important / irrelevant & most are just glad it is being done in humans. (Even though animal studies were "done" (no paper is in thread & shady results)). I assume this board is equivalently excited about the Panama center.
    It is complete unfair to compare this trial to "Panama trial".
    I recall that Dr Wise once said "Chinese FDA is even stricter than US FDA". No animal studies,no paper???? Of course they did,however,they won't publish due to a lot of reasons. The Chinese don't do things in America way.

Stop talking about that Panama shit. It's not worth

Quote Originally Posted by y8225009 View Post
    It is complete unfair to compare this trial to "Panama trial".
    I recall that Dr Wise once said "Chinese FDA is even stricter than US FDA". No animal studies,no paper???? Of course they did,however,they won't publish due to a lot of reasons. The Chinese don't do things in America way.
    I know they have "animal studies". I just don't believe their results. All I have seen is an abstract which has no evidence in it.

What do you mean they won't publish the animal studies? I thought they were published in the journal "Biomaterials"? Can you get a copy & post?