Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors in China carry out world first spine surgery

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    That's only partially true perhaps. There have been Phase 1 trials done that suggest safety and a bit of improvement. However, there obviously wasn't enough or the treatment would have come to fruition and been commercialized long ago by making it through Ph. 3 and 4 trials. Not all treatments or devices should make it there and this one has not for various reasons. The BMSC trial run on 70 chronic SCI from Egypt a couple years ago didn't fair too well where an American Co hoped to get FDA approval on a delivery device to direct drive the patient cells from the hip directly up to the spinal cord without additional lab manipulations.
    Interesting, thanks for the insight. I really disagree with any stem cells being used intravenously, just doesn't seem logical. But honestly I am very excited about this trial, and eagerly await preliminary results.. Even though they are using BMSC like you said they lined with the scaffolding, along with growth factors. So they're administered differently, and the collagen scaffolding alone has promising potential. Time will tell. The speed of progress is exciting too!

Hey All, go here. https://www.cellmedicine.com/

They are the heroes of SCI research. They went straight to humans! We all know animal studies are meaningless. There are numerous SCI who have reported recovery. I’m so very excited about this place. I’m saving up $$$ to go. I can’t wait in this chair anymore. They inject you with stem cells. A whole variety of ‘em. Not really sure which type but…not important. They’ve had great & exciting results! We are there. Too bad the FDA holds these kinds of places down in U.S. Science is progressing..in humans!

Good luck, tell us how it went. don't forget to send us a postcard...

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Hey All, go here. https://www.cellmedicine.com/

They are the heroes of SCI research. They went straight to humans! We all know animal studies are meaningless. There are numerous SCI who have reported recovery. I’m so very excited about this place. I’m saving up $$$ to go. I can’t wait in this chair anymore. They inject you with stem cells. A whole variety of ‘em. Not really sure which type but…not important. They’ve had great & exciting results! We are there. Too bad the FDA holds these kinds of places down in U.S. Science is progressing..in humans!
    When the fuck have I said animal studies are meaningless? Do You just blow mockery out of your ass? Like what in the blue hell does that have to do with anything on this thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    Hopefully there will be something that makes it past Phase I, then II and then III. I think most here have bias on which trials that have passed through here might work. Our FDA is tedious but having watched some "out of country" results and the complications I have some appreciation for their intent. As much as they get attacked I always wonder why the money doesn't flow to other countries for faster development.

One day...................
    That's an intriguing question. I've ran onto several other countries that will not allow treatments into their own countries if it hasn't already met the approval of the Federal Drug Administration from the United States. It would take a lot of time to research the various countries strategies on how their national regulatory health organizations bring forth new drugs in all the different ones and how they are connected. More than likely that's been written and published somewhere but I've just never run onto that information or book before.
    So much to do and learn in so little time. I think I could easily fill 2 more lifetimes with what is on my bucket list.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-26-2015 at 02:11 AM.

I'm so very excited about this place. I'm saving up $$$ to go.
    I see they have weight loss on their list of stem cell patents but it's not on their treatment listing just yet. I guess I'm saving up $$$ by staying home.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Good luck, tell us how it went. don't forget to send us a postcard...
    I won't need to report back, many other SCI have gone and seen amazing results. I trust them entirely. If I don't go now it'll be 2-3 years before I get fully cured in the U.S.

I need more $$ first. Maybe all of my fellow Cure Watchers can help donate to my personal fund so I can get my stem cell treatment??

I won't need to report back, many other SCI have gone and seen amazing results. I trust them entirely. If I don't go now it'll be 2-3 years before I get fully cured in the U.S.

I need more $$ first. Maybe all of my fellow Cure Watchers can help donate to my personal fund so I can get my stem cell treatment??
    What's sad is, I almost made the mistake of going there, they even brushed aside my severe syringomyelia/syrinx/cyst, and I was the "perfect" candidate. They have multiple subsidiaries targeting different conditions with stem cells. Disgusting.

Early on in anyones injury, we can be ignorant and desperate for a cure for ourselves or a loved one. It's these emotions that they molest - I mean "market" their therapies for. And it's these moments of desperation of ours that they rape - I mean repeal, delivering us an "authentic" cure.

Either way, I think it'll take longer than 2-3 years, more like 10-15. And cut James some slack for fuck's sake... Let's see how this pans out. Though I am skeptical of this trial, as GRAMMY has made some good points.

Regardeth thine selves, ye olde commoners

Ive Express that a "full cure" is likely impossible for chronic injury. I did look into this Panama nonsense early on and even then realized stem cells administered intravenously is pointless. You're being a idiot. Slithering around my questions, spitting bullshit and nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Ive Express that a "full cure" is likely impossible for chronic injury. I did look into this Panama nonsense early on and even then realized stem cells administered intravenously is pointless. You're being a idiot. Slithering around my questions, spitting bullshit and nonsense.
    I'm talking to the board in general, not directly at you James. "Hey all". There were several people in THIS THREAD, that said animal studies are not important / irrelevant & most are just glad it is being done in humans. (Even though animal studies were "done" (no paper is in thread & shady results)). I assume this board is equivalently excited about the Panama center.