Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modeling my next chair . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ala View Post
    . . . After my wheelchair, it's the best piece of equipment I own. And it looks so damn cool. Get out of your wheelchair and live a little.
    ahhhhh. when the time is right . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    . . . I would assume incorporating any kind of modification into wheelchair there will be safety issues that must be resolved first.
    Yep. I emailed TiLite about putting two axles on a TR. They responded they've done it before, but the request needs to submmmitted through proper channels, which I hope will happen soon after my fitting. So we'll see . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    . . . Keep us posted with how it is all going.
    of course
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Do you know if Tilite accepts all the liability they do now? Do you need to sign anything about this? I was just wondering because these wheelchairs are not 100% Tilite parts.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Yep. I emailed TiLite about putting two axles on a TR. They responded they've done it before, but the request needs to submmmitted through proper channels, which I hope will happen soon after my fitting. So we'll see . . .

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Do you know if Tilite accepts all the liability they do now? Do you need to sign anything about this? I was just wondering because these wheelchairs are not 100% Tilite parts.
    I don't understand your concern. The non TiLite parts in my design are the backrest, MagicWheels, Ds's Locks, and seat pan. All other design features are TiLite's.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I don't understand your concern. The non TiLite parts in my design are the backrest, MagicWheels, Ds's Locks, and seat pan. All other design features are TiLite's.
    New set of magicwheels eh?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    New set of magicwheels eh?
    No. My MWs are working great, and they work with my D's. I also plan to reuse my backrest: ROHO JetStream Pro Low, which is in great shape.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I agree with you Chas. I don't think TiLite would build it if they did not think it was safe. In my experience they will err on the side of caution.

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

If you wanted locks with both positions, I wonder if mounting some compact scissor locks for the rear position would be in the way or not.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I was more so asking it as a general question for the addition of "non-standard" parts, than any part in particular. I would assume they have gone through whatever test government would require for any mod to the configuration. For example, adding any additional part surely alters the weight of the chair. That additional weight, and you know, does all kinds of things to the overall geometry of chair.