Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a quad friendly electric toothbrush?

Recommend a quad friendly electric toothbrush?

Can someone please recommend a quad friendly electric toothbrush? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Can someone please recommend a quad friendly electric toothbrush? Thanks!
    I use a Phillips ultrasonic. It's highly recommended by a couple of dentist friends of mine. Even though I don't floss anymore, my teeth are judged to be almost plaque-free when I get my periodic cleanings.

I am C6/7 complete and use a Waterpik Flosser and an Oral B Electric Toothbrush. Both have big enough handles that they fit in my hands/palms and I can manipulate them if I am sitting close enough to be over a sink, just need someone to fill the Waterpik reservoir with water and put toothpaste on the brush of the Oral B.

All the best,
    GJ

I made a mess getting the toothpaste onto the toothbrush a couple of times and then started squirting (actually sucking) the toothpaste directly into my mouth. Works great--no grip required.

I've used both the Sonicare (Phillips) and OralB. I think the OralB does a slightly better job cleaning and is cheaper with cheaper brushes. But, the switch on the Sonicare is much easier to push. And, the Sonicare automatically shuts itself off after 2 minutes (4-30 second periods), whereas the OralB requires that you push the button twice, or push it in and hold for a few seconds, both of which might be more difficult for someone with limited hand function. I would recommend the Sonicare, as it works really well by just sort of hovering the brush over your teeth and slowly moving it from one tooth to the next, both along the outside and the inside.
    C-6/7 incomplete

My hands are closed so I can use the Sonicare and buy the toothpaste in the flip top tubes. I get the toothpaste in my hand with a pinch then flip the top open with my teeth and squirt/suck some paste into my mouth then I flip the tube closed against my chin. The toothbrush stands up on the charging base so I wiggle my hand down from the top and click the on button by pressing it against my faucet which is also how I turn it off. After I rinse and place the brush back on the charger I run my hand under the water several times repeatedly to slurp water into my mouth to rinse.
    ^^(A)^^

Blog Entries
    I'm a C4-5 with a good bit of quad fist after 40 years but the Oral B works for me.

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Sonicare!!
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    I've used a couple of different models over the years; bought 'em at Costco. I think it's E series maybe? The base has a 1+" diameter so it doesn't slide out if my closed hand and it's weighty enough to cause resistance in my hand as well.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere