Thread: looking for a lat pulldown machine

looking for a lat pulldown machine

that can be used from chair after removing seat??????
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Nice, Cybex is doing good stuff... hadn't seen this before: http://www.cybexintl.com/products/to...ectorized.aspx

nice gear, but likely cost a fortune. this is for my home gym.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Nice, Cybex is doing good stuff... hadn't seen this before: http://www.cybexintl.com/products/to...ectorized.aspx
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Not sure how much you're looking to spend but: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...13986.12598195

If you enlarge the picture it looks like you should be able to unbolt the seat and its post, giving you a spot to roll up to it. My home gym has an adjustable cable pull on each side and I use one for lats. I made (out of simple 2x4s and lag bolts) an extended lap stop so I don't pull myself out of the chair. Because this one at Dick's has square tubing right in front of your seated position, the homemade lap thing I made would do the trick. It's just a 2x4 arm on each side of the square tubing with bolts holding the 2x4 pieces together. At the end of the 2x4s is a cross piece so it looks like a T. The cross piece is what keeps your lap down.

Throw some hooks into the ceiling above where you want to work out. Use the strength rubber bands or cords you desire. If you need more resistance, grab higher up on the band. Should cost around 20 bucks at most and doesn't take up any room; just make sure the hooks are secured into the Joyce's of the ceiling and not just the gyprock
    lol.

can you post a quick pic of your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Tman9513 View Post
    Not sure how much you're looking to spend but: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...13986.12598195

If you enlarge the picture it looks like you should be able to unbolt the seat and its post, giving you a spot to roll up to it. My home gym has an adjustable cable pull on each side and I use one for lats. I made (out of simple 2x4s and lag bolts) an extended lap stop so I don't pull myself out of the chair. Because this one at Dick's has square tubing right in front of your seated position, the homemade lap thing I made would do the trick. It's just a 2x4 arm on each side of the square tubing with bolts holding the 2x4 pieces together. At the end of the 2x4s is a cross piece so it looks like a T. The cross piece is what keeps your lap down.

Pat, im just not a thraband guy. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Throw some hooks into the ceiling above where you want to work out. Use the strength rubber bands or cords you desire. If you need more resistance, grab higher up on the band. Should cost around 20 bucks at most and doesn't take up any room; just make sure the hooks are secured into the Joyce's of the ceiling and not just the gyprock
    lol.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Name:  Lat.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  39.9 KB

Not at the house to take a pic but here's a quick a dirty diagram, hopefully it makes it somewhat clear.

ok, I see now. thanks
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com