Thread: Smart Phone enabled door lock

Smart Phone enabled door lock

New product some may be interested in allows you to unlock you home door by simply touching the lock, as long as you have your smart phone turned on and in your pocket:

http://www.kwikset.com/Kevo/default.aspx#.VK0akCdY6kY

(KLD)

Very nice!
    The products using smartphones are really being ramped up. Fun to keep track of.

I'm still trying to get my skybell to work. Once I get that going I will purchase a door lock. I will be able to see and speak to the person at the door and unlock it if I want them to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    Very nice!
    The products using smartphones are really being ramped up. Fun to keep track of.
    It is really helpful for those of us in wheelchairs. Two of my favorites are the Nest thermostats and the WeMo light switches, plugs. I just replaced a lot of the switches in my house wit the WeMo switches, I wish that had three way switch support but it is great to be able to turn lights on/off without having to get out of bed. I also used the WeMo app kit to tell me when my garage door is open then close it w/ my smartphone.

I for one am definitely interested in something like this (though the owners get pissy when you change the locks as a renter), but I checked out amazon and the reviews are less than stellar.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPTD5AQ/...ustomerReviews