Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fighting, self defence etc. For quads.

Ramming someone with a power chair can be a pretty good defensive strategy. I have seen a number of people with high injuries use this successfully in fending off an attacker.

(KLD)

One can also weld spears to it's chair and some blades on the wheels and make it like gladiator chariot. Ha ha just having a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Ramming someone with a power chair can be a pretty good defensive strategy. I have seen a number of people with high injuries use this successfully in fending off an attacker.

(KLD)
    Ya I could see that working, with some weak, clumsy, low life. I've analyzed that. But as I've said in original first post doesn't help me. But I would enjoy hearing a story coming from actual experience.

I'm a para and I carry a gun. But i have had two issues and both times I had more unknown people jumping to my defense I didn't have any options other then let them help. Both times it ended very bad for the bad guys. I've learned to just try to limit my exposure to places were situations could happen.

Non lethal self defense. Stun gun. BIG stun gun

Hey James,

I'm with Silvio. The best defence is avoidance and being aware of your surroundings. Even Olympian para's are no match against an A/B. Don't be dick and avoid those who are. Be polite and kind to all you encounter.

On the "hope for humanity" side, I can't imagine an A/B engaging in a fight with a wheelchair guy. Once in 30 years a drunk lunged toward me - Mid-lunge, half the bar was on him.

Low life crack heads and the lot are another story. They'd tip you out of your chair for a twoonie. Again, situational awareness. Keep your back to the wall, etc.

If push comes to shove - Use your chair. Use it without mercy. Your aim is complex fractures of the tibia and fibula. You only have one chance.