Thread: New Tiltite TR w/ ADI Brakes

New Tiltite TR w/ ADI Brakes

Hello All!! Been a while since I have posted much. My insurance approved a new TiLite TR with ADI brakes. I have long wanted the disc brakes, I hope they perform as I have it set in my head.

Here are the specs, pics to follow once it arrives.

17 x 17 TR 85? frame "V" front
    19 FSH 15.5 RSH
    Folding back
    5 x 1.5 casters with Slipstream forks
    ADI Disc Brakes

hope u like urs better than I like mine had an orginal easy to transfer but the v on this sticks out further than the old 1 harder to transfer for me but other than that it ok

Congrats!! I'm looking foward to seeing the pics
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

You'll love them! I have a TiLte TR with ADI disc brakes and carbon fiber seat back and pan.

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    hope u like urs better than I like mine had an orginal easy to transfer but the v on this sticks out further than the old 1 harder to transfer for me but other than that it ok
    Sounds like you're referring to the front angle. Thats one of the measurements thats specifically chosen when the chair is ordered, sounds like you didn't get what you want. The OP looks to be tentatively choosing the 85 degree front end.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Sounds like you're referring to the front angle. Thats one of the measurements thats specifically chosen when the chair is ordered, sounds like you didn't get what you want. The OP looks to be tentatively choosing the 85 degree front end.

ti lite replace my orginal with all the dims of my orginal my frame had split and crack omn both side under the seat so yes was happy for new chair but.. my transfer are allways iffy now

by original, do you mean the exact same chair? Because unless you changed another dimension (such as lowering the rsh after you've received the chair, that will make the front end stick out further) an 85 on a TR will always be an 85. However if you had a completely different chair, like say a quickie or invacare, different companies aren't identical so yes an 85 on a top end may be different from an 85 on a tilite TR.

But regardless, such a problem is a problem with the specifications you ordered the chair with, not a problem with the model of chair. A chair is only as good as the specifications it was made to.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I ordered my TR with the ADI brakes but ultimately didn't like them and removed them. My chair rocked a lot with the brakes on; I am told it was the flex in the Spinergy spokes. Also, as I recall, the wheels didn't spin that great because of one of the modifications they do.

Here are a couple pictures of it though.

Name:  Brian_TR311.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  1.04 MB
    Name:  Brian_TR309.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  766.3 KBName:  Brian_TR310.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  875.7 KB
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982