Thread: Question from a passionate student :)

Banned

Question from a passionate student :)

Hey guys! Sorry if I posted this in the completely wrong spot.
    I also apologize if this comes off as invasive or "spam-ish", those aren't my intentions at all!

And thank you for even getting this far of the message

I'm an occupational therapy student that would love to work with spinal cord injuries in the future. I stumbled across this website and I think this is pretty awesome!

Anyways, I was hoping to do my Masters thesis project using a SCI population, with any volunteers from this website to contribute to the sample. I wanted to make sure this was okay with you guys or see if anyone would even be interested in filling out the survey. It would be a quick self-report survey on sleep quality (and whether or not you deal with chronic pain). This wouldn't be a groundbreaking project, but I would really enjoy exploring this issue because Sleep appears to be an unaddressed topic, and pain has shown to impact sleep quality.

Thanks so much for even reading this. If this sounds like a survey you would take, please let me know! If it sounds like a really stupid waste of time, that feedback is appreciated too. And if you are ever looking for a friend to talk to about anything, I love making friends and would love to get to know some of you better! Hope to hear from some of you soon!

Laura
    (you guys have fun emojis... )

I hope you plan to work with PEOPLE with SCI, not just with spinal cords. If you want to work in this field, you need to learn a little bit more about disability, and about how to approach your clients as people first.

If you are wanting to do a survey and recruit people here as a part of your thesis, we need to know what school you are at, your name, which Human Subjects Institutional Review Board approved this method of recruiting your subjects for your approved study, and how to contact the IRB if any subjects have concerns about the conduct of your study. Once you provide that information, you can provide a link to your survey (I assume it is on-line??) or provide your contact information if you are doing your survey by phone.

(KLD)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I hope you plan to work with PEOPLE with SCI, not just with spinal cords. If you want to work in this field, you need to learn a little bit more about disability, and about how to approach your clients as people first.

If you are wanting to do a survey and recruit people here as a part of your thesis, we need to know what school you are at, your name, which Human Subjects Institutional Review Board approved this method of recruiting your subjects for your approved study, and how to contact the IRB if any subjects have concerns about the conduct of your study. Once you provide that information, you can provide a link to your survey (I assume it is on-line??) or provide your contact information if you are doing your survey by phone.

(KLD)
    Thanks so much for the response. I apologize with my wording in the first post, that was a very stupid error on my part.

I haven't started the assignment yet, but thank you for giving me a heads up for the process- I expected all of that would be necessary! I guess you are probably wondering why I even posted here without a survey or much more information to provide. I just wanted to ask permission to even attempt to post a survey on here; I wasn't sure if the boards get flooded with surveys or if it was preferred that they are not posted. Just wasn't sure what was acceptable.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, it means a lot

I would be happy to help you out by taking your survey once it's approved and available. :-)