Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folate?

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    I did some research on this. I'm about 125 lbs and figured I would need at the maximum about 4 mg a day. There's a product on amazon that sounds real good and I ordered it. Folate is what the research used for their results and not synthetic folic acid. I found out that some people do not have the ability to make methylfolate and this product is what works for them to relieve depression or neural pain and to give energy and better concentration.

It's Life Extensions 1000 mcg L-methylfolate 100 veggie caps, I think. Thanks so much for the article link...
    My physiatrist had me on metanx for six months, it's a vitamin food made for diabetic neuropathy, I wished I would have continued taking it, it has the methylfolate plus the b-12 and b-6 variants available. I've got the link, it's interesting reading if you doing this.
    http://www.metanx.com/learn-about-metanx/
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

http://www.feetdoc.com/top-six-natur...-in-your-feet/

heres some info on folate and other treatments for diabetic neuropathy from a foot doctor.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

I don't think it would be miraculous but worth the try.. but for how long till we see results???

Quote Originally Posted by drnader View Post
    I don't think it would be miraculous but worth the try.. but for how long till we see results???
    Who knows, maybe it'll help, maybe it's snakeoil, but it seems to have basis for improvement, I'll be trying it for years, if it does nothing but keep me from losing more function, that'd be good enough.

Glad to hear you're still alive, it was pretty bad last time I heard from you.