Thread: VMI issues

VMI issues

I have a 2006 Chrysler T&C with a Northstar in floor system that is being temperamental. What it does is we press the remote button and the door opens up and the ramp starts to come out about 2 inches and then stops. At this time if we hold down the ramp open button the ramp continues until we release the button or the ramp is totally deployed. After it cycles once maybe twice it no longer works until we hit the reset button and it goes once maybe twice before needing to be reset. A qualified tech probably could solve it by diagnosing the flashing lights but this is where my real problem is. We bought the van second hand from the mainland and shipped the van to Maui and the only VMI rep in Hawaii is Hawaiian Mobility and is located on Oahu and they won't fly inter island to help fix it even though their website says they service neighboring islands. We have been trying to get it fixed since last May and we finally gave up and bought a portable 4 ft ramp since we know at some point the the ramp will die at the most inopportune time. Totally frustrated, anyone want a POS VMI or have any suggestions.
    Last edited by bruceofmaui; 12-27-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Find a really good electrical tech.

Maybe someone really good at installing alarms and remote starts in high end cars.

Ideally someone who is a electrical wizard.

A real Dodge master tech should be able to figure it out with a little help from VMI.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Hi Jim
    I was hoping someone like you would answer my post. The VMI circuit board has all sort of flashing lights which I assume are sensors and relays and I would assume are proprietary so do you think a non-trained VMI tech be able to diagnose and fix it

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    Hi Jim
    I was hoping someone like you would answer my post. The VMI circuit board has all sort of flashing lights which I assume are sensors and relays and I would assume are proprietary so do you think a non-trained VMI tech be able to diagnose and fix it
    If you get a really good tech to look at it, then call into VMI and explain where you are and your lack of a local dealer i'm sure they will help.

You need to find a electrical guru, someone who really knows his way around a vehicle in order for anyone to be able to help via the phone.

fwiw: if you were still in Vernon, i'd change my plans to not go with a bunch of friends tomorrow to Kelowna.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Hi Jim
    Thanks for your help and how do you know I'm in Vernon and how do you know Kelowna is just south of us if you are from MA. Got me puzzled. plus you are correct it is snowing hard here so probably nota good idea to go to Kelowna tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bruceofmaui View Post
    Hi Jim
    Thanks for your help and how do you know I'm in Vernon and how do you know Kelowna is just south of us if you are from MA. Got me puzzled. plus you are correct it is snowing hard here so probably nota good idea to go to Kelowna tomorrow
    Where you are is under your name. I looked up how far Vernon was from Kelowna.

Its good to hear there getting dumped on in Kelowna.

Most of my snowmobile friends are going to be in Kelowna next week (there flying out early tomorrow).

I was really close to going, but we have too much work to doo.

Is the van in Maui or Vernon?

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

It is weird having Kelowna as an international destination. Were your friends flying in from the States also? The van I'm having the problem with is on Maui. thanks for your guidance. Aloha Bruce

There flying into Kelowna and driving to Sicamous.

Most of them are from around here.

Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA