Thread: Dragon assistant speaking program

Dragon assistant speaking program

Does anyone else use the Dragon assistant speaking program? I originally had the dragon speaking program but had to reset my computer because it wouldn't load. After fixing that I had to reinstall a few programs and one of them happened to be this dragon assistant speaking program what a pain in the a** I couldn't get it to do hardly anything without turning off right after having it do the task I wanted.

I finally uninstalled it and just went back to using the Microsoft Windows speech recognition that came with the computer and seems to work fine :-)
    Well I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and happy new year!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

You should put Dragon NaturallySpeaking back on there, check out another program that goes along with it called KnowBrainer , which actually might help with Dragon assistant. NaturallySpeaking 13 premium is pretty cheap and is much better than Microsoft speech recognition
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Okay, I reinstalled Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12.5, and although it seems to work fine when dictating on this website. I cannot say the same for Facebook. It has something called post to facebook, which will copy down whatever I dictate and post it on my timeline, but it will not work with the chat boxes is frustrating.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

I use Dragon dictate naturally speaking. It is absolutely awesome. There can be a bit of a learning curve.I have had luck calling their tech-support and getting them to answer a few quick questions.you can also find a PDF online at their website with a lot of commands on it. You can private message me questions you may have and I can try to answer them. I use it all day long every day.

"You should put Dragon NaturallySpeaking back on there, check out another program that goes along with it called KnowBrainer , which actually might help with Dragon assistant. NaturallySpeaking 13 premium is pretty cheap and is much better than Microsoft speech recognition"

KnowBrainer retails for 199.00 but is free to Dragon users with phyical disabilities and has been for years. The following is an explanation of what is and does.

KnowBrainer 2015 is a third-party command utility that adds thousands of commands to Dragon, simplifies the NaturallySpeaking learning curve, substantially increases your efficiency and includes our patented ability to verbally create personalized advanced scripting VB & .Net commands. KnowBrainer additionally includes the ability to access built-in Windows speech recognition commands like Display Numbers. In many ways, KnowBrainer is superior to DNS Professional which utilizes dated command technology. KnowBrainer 2015 also includes an ultra dynamic sidebar that not only displays all available application-specific/window specific (depending on what application you are using) and Global commands but additionally displays the name of the last command you deployed. Unlike the Dragon Sidebar, you can verbally or manually double-click any KnowBrainer Command for editing because the KnowBrainer Sidebar doubles as a Command Browser. KnowBrainer also includes new open ended command technology and we have included about 2 dozen commands that take advantage of this technology like Google , Search Contacts for , Spanish Translation for and Search Computer for "letterhead”.

If you qualify and are interested in attaining a copy just google KnowBrainer.com, go to the contact us page and request a copy there.

Tom Hamilton - KnowBrainer, Inc. Support Staff