Thread: Manual backrest hardware?

Manual backrest hardware?

I need 2 of the pieces that atatch the peg of the backrest to the chair. I have a varilite back but some jay hardware is the same here is a link to what it looks like https://www.quickie-wheelchairs.com/...cket-2906.html any brand is fine but i know that one and varilite ones work
    thank much

I think i have a pair, pm me your address .

got a new (well realy old) chair donated for the upcoming event i needed a chair for but now i need 4 more pieces to mount a backrest like i said doesnt matter what brand they are wiling to work out something out on price or trade

anyone im kinda time pressed my normal chair is broke and my back i killing me with the current back. my other hardware is welded to my old chair

We found that Velcro (the stick-on type) and/or cable ties can successfully hold a rigid backrest to the backrest canes. (A much lighter solution than the standard hardware). Might not work in every situation, but works for us, and is a cheap and easy solution.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Could you put a picture of the chair in the equipment section? The folks there will probably be able to come up with a solution.

Some people have also successfully used pipe.. somethings. Sorry just forgot exactly what they're called, but to secure pipe and from a hardware store. They wrap around a pipe and then would screw/bolt on and so can be attached to the backrest. I've seen posts here where people used them inplace of regular hardware to save weight.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

a local shop came accross some in a box in the back room so hopefully theyll come thru if no ill take the pictures and post them thank you so much everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Some people have also successfully used pipe.. somethings. Sorry just forgot exactly what they're called, but to secure pipe and from a hardware store. They wrap around a pipe and then would screw/bolt on and so can be attached to the backrest. I've seen posts here where people used them inplace of regular hardware to save weight.
    "clamps" is the word that you're trying to remember! We used pipe clamps after Jeff said that just using Velcro wasn't a good idea (due to forces on the Icon back canes), but have since changed backrest and found that Velcro plus cable ties work better.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Looking for parts , q7 backrest LShape bracket . Sunrise wants $260 for the pair , I thought I might find them here