Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man's raapid recovery could be medical breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawaid View Post
    For acutes only yet
    Right, this wasn't listed a chronic trial.

It sucks that it wont help the ones already injured. Happy that people not yet hurt wont have to suffer like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    It sucks that it wont help the ones already injured. Happy that people not yet hurt wont have to suffer like the rest of us.

Can't we get our cord cut and that way be 'acute'? I'm pretty sure ASIA A injuries that don't have much function to save would't think about it? I'm a ASIA C but most of what I got isn't very useful (not that I don't appreciate it) but woouldn't mind risking it for what this guy has recovered. What is the science behind it? Can we get cut up to point where it seems like a fresh injury?

Quote Originally Posted by wesmaister View Post
    Can't we get our cord cut and that way be 'acute'? I'm pretty sure ASIA A injuries that don't have much function to save would't think about it? I'm a ASIA C but most of what I got isn't very useful (not that I don't appreciate it) but woouldn't mind risking it for what this guy has recovered. What is the science behind it? Can we get cut up to point where it seems like a fresh injury?
    You are asking the wrong person those questions. haha

Quote Originally Posted by #lhb# View Post
    you are asking the wrong person those questions. Haha

grammy?

grammy?
    I don't know who you need to talk to but I don't believe its as easy as just cutting the cord.

Can't we get our cord cut and that way be 'acute'? I'm pretty sure ASIA A injuries that don't have much function to save would't think about it? I'm a ASIA C but most of what I got isn't very useful (not that I don't appreciate it) but wouldn't mind risking it for what this guy has recovered. What is the science behind it? Can we get cut up to point where it seems like a fresh injury?
    Can one get rid of rust by waxing his car?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    Can one get rid of rust by waxing his car?
    OK you go first, Im right behind you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone57 View Post
    OK you go first, Im right behind you!!
    What I meant is that a "neuroprotective" treatment will do absolutely nothing after a chronic timeframe. The axons have already died, so there is no neuro to protect. Kind of like how wax may prevent rusting but will not restore rust back into the body's original sheet metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    What I meant is that a "neuroprotective" treatment will do absolutely nothing after a chronic timeframe. The axons have already died, so there is no neuro to protect. Kind of like how wax may prevent rusting but will not restore rust back into the body's original sheet metal.
    YOU sir.

Nice analogy. Wax on, wax off using Mr Miyagi's techniques can turn a stale turd into a bronze statue.

Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Regards