Thread: electric muscle stimulator

electric muscle stimulator

Hi,
    I encountered electric muscle stimulators at a local mall yesterday. They were for massage, but I think I can put the pads on my belly and let them move some of my belly muscle. (I am C-5, 6quad) I see several muscle stimulator device on the web.

What do you think about it? Have anyone tried this kind of device? any recommended product?

OK. It seems no one has tried it. As a Christmas gift for myself, I just ordered a Slendertone Abs Toning Belt. I am not even sure how it will work on me, but let me try. I hope my belly muscle can have some chance to exercise and maybe good for BM too? I hope.

I use a slender tone ...love it..I person believe it helps..as a c6 complete..the following day after use my stomach feels sore..weird..I know..good luck..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

I use muscle stimulators as well for a bunch of applications.
    hope it works for you good luck
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)

I am slim build but have this huge belly, i am t7 complete so dont have full use of my abs, will the slendertone belt tone up my stomach do you think?

It Could be. if you feel comfortable enough to try it do so! (some people don't like the feeling that the stimulation gives them) i just would use it first on a lower intensity until you know how your body reacts. But again i never used a Sledertone i don't know what the intensity settings are. I used an abtek belt which i don't like because you have to put a gel on the electrodes in order to make it work. Then a few years ago my local coffee shop (no joke) sold a no name Belt without the use of gel and that one works just as good as the abtek and since it doesn't creates a mess with the gel i use that one ever since. So i would try it and see if it works or not.
    Last edited by Darkrider; 01-03-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Current Wheelchairs: Sopur Helium aka Quickie Q7 (lightest spec) rigid frame with Spinergy Spox Wheels
    Sopur Xenon same frame as the Q7 (lightest spec) folding frame With Spinergy LX (custom)