Thread: Molift, Hoyer or? patient lift

Molift, Hoyer or? patient lift

My wife has talked me into pursuing a patient lift in case I end up on the floor. We're at the time in our life where one may be needed over brute strength.

Our requirements are that it is portable so it can be stored away and just used for emergencies and be able to lift a person from the floor. The only two I've found so far is the Molift 150 Smart and the Hoyer Advanced. The surehands was a good one also but doesn't seem to have a travel, fold away model.

I like the functionality of the Molift but not really sure about it being battery operated. If it's stored away for a long time and suddenly needed, chances are the battery would be dead or too weak to lift. Do we want hydraulic or electrical?

Thoughts or suggestions on these or possible others would be appreciated. Cost is not a factor over functionality.

I use a bath lift chair to get off the floor or the ground outside: http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beau...9/product.html
    Wife can carry it. It fits in van, and the upright back comes off when needed for storage.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

The Para Ladder Manual Lift is another option. $995.00

Power is much better than hydralic, and easier for any caregiver to use.

I have used both the Hoyer Advance, and the Molift Smart, and like them both. They both fold up easily for storage or travel. You may also want to look at the LikoLight, and the ArjoHuntleigh Maxi Lite.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Power is much better than hydralic, and easier for any caregiver to use.

I have used both the Hoyer Advance, and the Molift Smart, and like them both. They both fold up easily for storage or travel. You may also want to look at the LikoLight, and the ArjoHuntleigh Maxi Lite.

(KLD)
    Thanks KLD. My concern with power would be if it is charged should we need it suddenly being it won't be used unless absolutely necessary. Will check out those other two.

Best to periodically check and recharge the batteries. Some have replaceable batteries which you can keep in the charger full time.

(KLD)

I have the hoyer advanced and like it. The batteries hold a charge a long time. If you really just want it for emergencies you could just keep it plugged in somewhere.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."