Thread: Anyone have experience with Tilite carbon fiber fenders?

Anyone have experience with Tilite carbon fiber fenders?

I've been looking at the fenders. I ruin the cuffs on new jackets, shirts etcetera and thought it might help to have fenders.

I don't know if they are a problem while pushing or get in the way in some other way. Do they creak, get hot, make rain run down towards the inside of the chair?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I've been looking at the fenders. I ruin the cuffs on new jackets, shirts etcetera and thought it might help to have fenders.

I don't know if they are a problem while pushing or get in the way in some other way. Do they creak, get hot, make rain run down towards the inside of the chair?

They do none of those, but I ended up selling mine on ebay and switching back to the non fendered CF ones. They certainly weren't worth the money in my opinion.

I have CarboLife ones on my chair right now - if there's snow or rain, I think they're invaluable - keeps my shirts and jackets clean.

CarboLife has a version that have mechanicals that allow you to adjust them up/down and angle, so you can get them high enough so they don't interfere with your push, or super low if you want.

I was curious about these also. This is the CarboLife website and here is a photo.
    Name:  Carbolife SideGuards F600.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  95.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    CarboLife has a version that have mechanicals that allow you to adjust them up/down and angle, so you can get them high enough so they don't interfere with your push, or super low if you want.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I have them and they work great for stopping the water and dirt from snow or rain messing up my pants or jacket. But i agree with others it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over priced, my insurance paid otherwise would of looked for something cheaper.

Mooner

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I like the idea of fenders but I don't like they way they seem to travel below the frame line. I reach through my spokes all the time. I am thinking of going with regular CF sideguards. It's hard to decide. I have been told about arms rubbing against the fenders on the push stroke and that has me concerned. I do love the idea of not getting dirty cuffs any more. So many options. I'll say one thing, the youngsters have no idea, we have so many choices now :-)

I run the carbon fiber, but they do not cover the wheel. The guy who is getting me new chair, I know he had the fiber guards and his did cover over top of wheel. I did not ask any detail. They were not gigantic. Maybe looked like they covered about 12" of wheel/tire.. If you want, I can ask him for comment on how they work for him My side guards continually loosen in the screws. I really need to make sure they do not loosen so much the screw falls out and gets lost. They are very small screws.