Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS Monarch Mark 1A install instructions

MPS Monarch Mark 1A install instructions

Anyone have detailed instructions on how to install these hand controls? I'll gladly pay someone to scan/copy and send to me. Mine are about 20 years old but still as good as new, unfortunately all the mobility places near me said they won't install/swap them from my current car to my 2005 Caravan because they don't have the new accelerator lock safety feature. Thinking of just finding a mechanic who will do it but want to be able to give them instructions.

I will try and find the instructions I have and post them here. You can also look on E-bay for Monarchs that are being sold, some do show the instructions, but I do not remember if they are readable or not. You do know that depending on the vehicle, different mounting brackets may be required?
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Yeah, I've seen the pics on ebay they aren't very legiable. If you can find and post yours that would be awesome! I know there are atleast 2 different kind of mounts, not sure if there are more. That's another reason I'm wanting the instructions so I can be sure I have or can get everything I need before getting someone to do it for me.
    Really don't want to let one of these mobility places rip me off by giving them the $1200 I'm quoted for a new pair installed if I can get my current pair mounted for like less than 1/4 of that.

mobility works put my controls out of my 1990 4x4 Jimmy, to a 2013 GC.......200 bucks, they BS'ing you.......they have to order the silly mount and that's all Mark told me they did, because I asked him if they could do something with the tilt and telescopic wheel to work.......they just lock them out....they did put a goofy thing over my gas pedal that I removed the second I got in it.....they are monarch mark 1-a's......

Curb, I am not finding my paper copy of the instructions, though I thought I had used them when I installed a set a year ago. Anyway, I will try and post two images I have of instructions, but they are not any better than what you see online. I will continue to look for the paper copies to scan in.

Sorry.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ok, how do I upload pics? I go 'advanced' and select the file, hit the upload button, looks like it is uploading, but in the end all I get is my file name with a red circle with a exclamation mark. Tried files sized 120k and 45k. Same results. I do not see any 'howto' section on this website. I did search for 'howto upload photos', no hits.

Insert Image/from computer/browse/
    then it's tricky...wait or press whatever maybe upload. It is a little slow but it does take and eventually you will see it has loaded. Sometimes several pics have loaded, so delete the extras.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

My steps:

1 - Go Advanced (from quick reply)
    2 - Manage Attachments
    3 - Add Files (kind of green color 'plus' sign)
    4 - Select Files
    5 - browse to directory on my computer that has file
    6 - Select file (*.jpg, 119kb)
    7 - click 'open'
    8 - Back on CareCure, my file is listed, with size and a box with an 'X' in it
    9 - click on 'Upload files', a status bar affect, and then my file is still listed, but has a red circle/button with an exclamation point in it over on the right. Msg at bottom of box says 'files: 0 Total Size: 0'.

I have also tried clicking on the icon for 'insert image' from the other options at the top of the edit box, or whatever it is that you type in.

I have also tried the 'basic uploader'. I have, a long time ago uploaded pics.

Keywords: upload add insert pic pics photo photos image images howto how-to how to photograph photographs

Joe-MN - I actually found the booklet that came with mine back in 1994 tonight, thought for sure I tossed it last time I moved. So no worries I think I have all the instructions I need. Thanks though!

airart1 - Mobility Works in Sacramento told me they absolutely will not do swaps from one vehicle to another. Another place told me they can if mine were the newer kind with the accelerator lock. You saying they were able to do some kind of lock-out on an old pair? And yeah I know they gotta add some stupid plate over the pedals now too.

Have you considered just putting them in yourself? They really are not that hard at all to install.