Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4x4 & 2wd Truck and SUV Wheelchair Lift - New - Cheaper and can be on older vehicles

Look around Wednesday for a video and more content. I hired a guy to do it and it has been over a month on what takes me two hours. Thought I was going to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew77 View Post
    Look around Wednesday for a video and more content. I hired a guy to do it and it has been over a month on what takes me two hours. Thought I was going to save time.

Carpet is not set in the holders on the side of the floor pan, electronics are exposed at the pump area, and safety covers are not in for demo purposes on the design

Pretty cool..have u tested it with a load on it..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Quote Originally Posted by Louie0611 View Post
    Pretty cool..have u tested it with a load on it..
    1000 pounds on vertical lift cycled hundreds of times. Down pressure jacks entire side up without hesitation. Horizontal has been cycled roughly 1000 times (lost count at one point) and that was with a 500lb load.

JA Fabrication in Mountain Grove Missouri is the current conversion site. We can pick up and deliver across the US.
    $175.00 per referral that completes the conversion for those who like to spread the word. To qualify an email, phone call, or customer mention must be made prior to signing.

www.rockyhomesteadlift.com

I've been looking at Wrangler 4 door with the idea of transferring to the drivers seat. With the elevating seat on my Permobil M400 I can get to within 2 inches of the drivers seat height if the Jeep is not lifted. If I could get my chair in there instead, with enough headroom that would be amazing. Don't plan on any serious wheeling so normal Jeep ground clearance wouldn't be necessary. My chair is about 26.5" wide. Wouldn't mind if the back seat behind the driver had to go.

If this concept is not feasible would there be a reasonably affordable way to make the suspension height adjustable so the Wrangler could be lowered for transferring and maybe a 2" lift to allow a little larger tire? At maximum height my seat is at 32". Preferable Wrangler seat height when suspension is lowered for transferring would be 31" off the ground. If I went this route I would carry the chair on a hitch platform. Not optimal for sure or independent but better than not having one. Second vehicle anyway.

Another idea. My van has kneeling which is basically a motor pulling the van body corner down, compressing the spring on that corner. Would there be a way to pull the Wrangler body down on all 4 corners by 5 inches to allow an easier transfer? Quadratec has an adjustable height suspension kit but it is extremely expensive and goes up more than down.

Great to see someone trying to creatively fill needs. So tired of hearing "no that won't work."
    Last edited by RoJo; 10-02-2015 at 08:04 PM.