Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 & 2wd Truck and SUV Wheelchair Lift - New - Cheaper and can be on older vehicles

That's a pretty kick ass set up. Have you had a chance to crash test one yet? The Vantage Minivans I know have been crash tested. They stand up pretty good from what I understand. I believe one of the original owners lives out here in Phoenix but I'm not positive about that.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    That's a pretty kick ass set up. Have you had a chance to crash test one yet? The Vantage Minivans I know have been crash tested. They stand up pretty good from what I understand. I believe one of the original owners lives out here in Phoenix but I'm not positive about that.
    Have not crash tested yet BUT with the current setup the side that is modified is 3 times as strong at the frame (boxed and added steel), the lift system which has the chair lockdown is mounted and made where the vehicle would have to be cut in half in two places before any movement would take place. The doors are plated with 3/8" & 1/2" steel similar to bullet proof vehicles and have 4 points of locking.
    We are waiting on the non-provisional patent to come back and community interest before destroying a vehicle which I look forward to.
    Everything within this setup was made similar to military grade or higher. I refused any part that was not going to last even with abuse.
    As we all know it really sucks to hit the button and nothing happens or door opens and ramp or lift doesn't function. Microswitches, linear actuators, and small electrical motors fail constantly on the minivans. We were the first to modify the IMS van conversion door setup with a much larger motor and chain setup to try to get them to produce something other than wiper motors to move the side door. With the motor inside the cabin and 20x the power it has not caused an issue in 8-10 years as apposed to every 6 months.
    Its so much easier to do it right the first time and if a part on this system fails you can get a local to fix it with a part bought locally or online. No need for specialty parts from us unless the vehicle was in a wreck and damaged the main steel structure.

This is awesome..it's a 4 dr 2011 jeep..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Quote Originally Posted by Louie0611 View Post
    This is awesome..it's a 4 dr 2011 jeep..
    With the curvature of the rear door and the compact design it would likely have the horizontal ram ect where the people in the rear seat put their feet. If your not concerned with loosing the rear passenger area or having the passengers have to have their feet 10" higher than normal it can be done.
    It would require a custom setup but would end up in the same price range.

That's not a problem..how much?$$$$
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

How did you get around the patent with Mobility SVM?
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew77 View Post
    With the curvature of the rear door and the compact design it would likely have the horizontal ram ect where the people in the rear seat put their feet. If your not concerned with loosing the rear passenger area or having the passengers have to have their feet 10" higher than normal it can be done.
    It would require a custom setup but would end up in the same price range.
    You might want to do some measuring first. Wranglers aren't as wide as full-size trucks. Plus, what you're proposing affects a lot underneath the body, including major structural modification to the frame.

I agree with BraswellF5- what you can see of the conversion looks like the Mobility SVM conversion.
    4xquad

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    How did you get around the patent with Mobility SVM?
    Doors coming out horizontally is about the only similarity. Each vehicle whether van or truck has to have a floor pan or lowered floor.
    Hydraulics instead of linear actuators, horizontal assembly and vertical assembly not even close other than up/dowm & in/out.

Wrangler would be an undertaking to say the least and yes part of the frame would be trimmed but 8x heavier steel in boxing prevents any structure failure. Since width is not enough to have the standard horizontal opening for chair and platform to come out a 2 stage would be needed. I have a guy cutting one up that has been wrecked at the moment to check the vision we have for the Jeeps. Actually 6 vehicles getting chopped but thats R&D

Sounds good, I am interested in a Tahoe setup. Keep the website updated.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97