Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call me crazy, but I loaned my PCA $4,000 to buy a new (preowned) car.

On a couple of occasions I have issued a pay check a week or two early. I do not think I would consider such a loan. I can see were that might affect the employer-employee relationship. For example, it would be hard to terminate someone who owes you a pile of money.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I was never loaned so much, however have always repaid.
    how is he planning on repaying you? for me, I paid a set amount monthly or a set amount was deducted from my pay each week, as twice it was an employer.

paid my computer off that way, because roomie can get a no interest loan from work for electronics, so each month I added the payment to the rent check so it was easy to see how much and how long I made computer payments.

it took me two years and I missed only one payment but paid two the next month.

He paid $100 so far and promised (orally) to pay it back at a rate of $600 per month.

that's a nice sum if he can swing it. Much more than if he had bought a nice newish car. Iv paid cars off with my tax return as well. iv never actually asked for a loan. it was offered because it was the only way I could still get there to work for them.

I hope it works out ok.

Peter, check out how the 3 credit agencies work and then let him know if it is paid back according to plan, or very close to, you'll send it in as a loan with payment info. It will help him get his next car using a bank or other loan agency. Nice thing to do anyway.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

He's down to owing $3,700.

I guess you should know after 4.5 years whether he is honorable or not.

And when you make a personal loan of that amount of money you should consider it gone. a gift.

What may be worse is losing him as a PCA if and when he becomes embarrassed or whatever, and stops showing up. I think that would be my primary worry.

The problem with loaning money to an aide, similar to having a romantic relationship, is that when this part of the relationship goes bad, it usually irretrievably damages the working relationship and thus you often wind up losing the employee as well.

I loaned $1500 to an employee and when the payments were set to begin was told she didn't have at all. I got all my money back, but it was an ugly nine-month period that to this day is always foremost in my mind, though I don't know how much in hers. I vowed at that time never to loan money to employees or cross the line into a romantic relationship, though the latter can result in a productive outcome for both, albeit I would venture to say, rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
    He's down to owing $3,700.

I'm curious if this represents a partial payment ($200 when he promised to pay $600 per month) or on-time weekly payments.

Also, are you charging him interest?

I loaned my mother $5k. SPECIFICALLY told here it was a loan, not a gift. Even told here I did not need it back immediately, but I DO NEED IT BACK. I think it is somewhere around 5 years ago. I finally asked her if she was ever going to start paying it back. She claims I told her I did not need paid back.