Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-Motion M15 Power Assist Wheels

ancientgimp- I have 2 folding manual chairs....Invacare MVP and a Quickie 2 Lite.

I guess I shouldn't say the Power Pull isn't always reliable. It was reliable but then started to not work properly for a short time. Then it stopped working completely. Adapt Solutions has been extremely helpful and replaced the part they feel is the problem. It is scheduled to be worked on next week but I would still like a backup of some sort of power assist device, as well.

You should really look into the Smart Drive. Much lighter weight to install and remove, if you just want to use it to get up and in the ramp and take it off its a great option. I hope they have a folding chair option for the ZX-1, but they do now have an adapter for folding chairs with the smart drive. I would definitely think it would be a better option than emotions, only get emotions if you're going to be leaving them on the chair. Too heavy, and as mentioned require different chair settings, so you can't just take them on and off. I'm getting a smart drive for power assist, will have a speedy lift in my minivan. But I wanted something that could be on when I needed it, and off when I don't. And I mean off in a way that doesn't require somewhere to park an 8k device safely. Like I need help getting up inclines or across sidewalk and pavement, I just can't do it alone. Even with a prime parking spot its painful and exhausting getting into a store alone. But once inside, I want to be getting as much exercise as possible across those super smooth floors. You can just turn off the smart drive while still attached and its like its not there. If you're going to use someone elses vehicle, you can pop the thing off and have them load your chair etc. So you can use it for either just getting up a ramp, or out and about, but with emotions its an all the time sort of thing. I weakly wanted the emotions when I started using a chair, but knew they weren't right for me. At the time I had my service dog to assist me though so it worked. Then the ZX-1 came out and I was really interested, but it being 70 lbs and requiring a lift of its own, having to be parked somewhere when not in use, wasn't what I wanted for day to day. When the smart drive came out, it was everything I'd wanted that suddenly existed.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Thanks for your input. I guess everything has its positive and negative aspects. There are things I like about e-motion wheels and things I like about Smart Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    You should really look into the Smart Drive. Much lighter weight to install and remove, if you just want to use it to get up and in the ramp and take it off its a great option. I hope they have a folding chair option for the ZX-1, but they do now have an adapter for folding chairs with the smart drive. I would definitely think it would be a better option than emotions, only get emotions if you're going to be leaving them on the chair. Too heavy, and as mentioned require different chair settings, so you can't just take them on and off. I'm getting a smart drive for power assist, will have a speedy lift in my minivan. But I wanted something that could be on when I needed it, and off when I don't. And I mean off in a way that doesn't require somewhere to park an 8k device safely. Like I need help getting up inclines or across sidewalk and pavement, I just can't do it alone. Even with a prime parking spot its painful and exhausting getting into a store alone. But once inside, I want to be getting as much exercise as possible across those super smooth floors. You can just turn off the smart drive while still attached and its like its not there. If you're going to use someone elses vehicle, you can pop the thing off and have them load your chair etc. So you can use it for either just getting up a ramp, or out and about, but with emotions its an all the time sort of thing. I weakly wanted the emotions when I started using a chair, but knew they weren't right for me. At the time I had my service dog to assist me though so it worked. Then the ZX-1 came out and I was really interested, but it being 70 lbs and requiring a lift of its own, having to be parked somewhere when not in use, wasn't what I wanted for day to day. When the smart drive came out, it was everything I'd wanted that suddenly existed.

~Lin,

Regarding "I hope they have a folding chair option for the ZX-1 ..." - Spinergy has an adapter concept that is being tested with a folding TiLite chair, but there are a number of issues yet to be addressed.