Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-Motion M15 Power Assist Wheels

E-Motion M15 Power Assist Wheels

Was wondering if anyone uses these power assist wheels to get up a fold-out ramp into a mini van and if so, how well do they work?

Thanks in advance for any input...

I don't have a ramp van but I do use M15 and think they would help climp the ramp into the van as long as you were experience with using the wheels and was aware of the possibility of going over backwards if you did not have anti tip wheelie bars on the back of the chair. I use mine to climb steep hills and bridges and they work great, wish I knew a way to crank them up to 100 percent power as I believe I'm only at 80 percent right now on level 2, level one is 50 percent power mainly meant for indoors and that type of thing.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt, when I was at the Abilities Expo the sales guy held a remote control and kept changing the settings until it was set where I liked it. Then later it appeared he was sitting in that same chair and tooling around the exhibit floor as if he had a joystick. At the time I could not break away to find out, but if so I would think that if M15's can be controlled by joystick, a van ramp should be no problem at all. What do you know about M15 and remote controls? I wish I had remembered to go back and ask.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I don't have M15, but M12 older model. Same power, but with shitty batteries.
    In any case I have enough power to climb the ramp of a van. I've tried on a Braun Entervan and it is absolutely not an issue. I'm pretty sure that using the 1rst (the lower) speed is the best, unless you want to JUMP in your van instead of climbing in it !!
    C6-7 since mid 2002, no hand control nor triceps.
    my website & my job (in France): Accessibility advisor www.acceslibre.eu
    Also working on a French research about Peer counseling and Empowerment.

Haha...I wondered what the difference was between the two models. Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by robotnik View Post
    I don't have M15, but M12 older model. Same power, but with shitty batteries.
    In any case I have enough power to climb the ramp of a van. I've tried on a Braun Entervan and it is absolutely not an issue. I'm pretty sure that using the 1rst (the lower) speed is the best, unless you want to JUMP in your van instead of climbing in it !!

Mine do have the remote but I can't control the wheels with it like a joystick, only power settings and see battery life and that sort of thing. I can turn them on and off with the remote too. But it seems like it's either 80 percent power or 50 power in the low setting, I think there is a way to get them to go 100 percent in the parameters setting but I'm afraid to mess with them too much as I might screw something up and be sorry. 80 percent is not bad, but 100 percent would be perfect for climbing the bridges around where I live as they are pretty steep and I do have to still push pretty hard going up them.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Curt, when I was at the Abilities Expo the sales guy held a remote control and kept changing the settings until it was set where I liked it. Then later it appeared he was sitting in that same chair and tooling around the exhibit floor as if he had a joystick. At the time I could not break away to find out, but if so I would think that if M15's can be controlled by joystick, a van ramp should be no problem at all. What do you know about M15 and remote controls? I wish I had remembered to go back and ask.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    . . . Then later it appeared he was sitting in that same chair and tooling around the exhibit floor as if he had a joystick. At the time I could not break away to find out, . . .
    I'm guessing he had swapped out the e-motions for the e-fix.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I'm guessing he had swapped out the e-motions for the e-fix.
    If he did, he had the remote in his lap and not mounted like in the picture.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have e-motion wheels and have gone up ramps fairly easily. I also have the remote control to adjust the various settings. One is set to around 40% for indoors and the other is around 80% for outdoors. There are also duration of effect settings and the like. The literature I was given doesn't show a joystick option. As chasmengr states it's a part of the e-fix system.

You should always use anti-tippers with emotions. I learned the hard way. There's a lot of force there.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi