Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Drug can repair spinal cord injuries, study shows

There is a ton of information in the posts here. I find the search function pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlevy View Post
    This group, some of which are very knowledgeable about various therapies, should assemble information on therapies. Wouldn't that be a wonderful purpose of Internet forums? There is an extensive amount of unbiased knowledge that I wish could help SCI sufferers. For instance, explanation of therapies, location, underlying politics, relative cost, history, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    There is a ton of information in the posts here. I find the search function pretty useful.
    I don't think the search function is particularly useful for what he wants to know. Most of the time the thread titles seem to consist of "OMG new cure!", or the like.

Advanced search picks up words in posts as well. A lot of "hits" but it is relatively easy to narrow down and the reading to get there is at least educational.

Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    I don't think the search function is particularly useful for what he wants to know. Most of the time the thread titles seem to consist of "OMG new cure!", or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    This new legislation is designed to expedite development of regenerative medicine solutions for all manner of disease, so it seems logical to me that a similar regulation should be adopted by the US and proper advocacy actions should be taken by all patients orgs that want a cure for their condition/deseases to make that happen.
    Unfortunately there seem to be a very passive attitude from our main SCI orgs.

Paolo
    Agreed. Too much inspiration talk and not enough we need to save this human life because his/her life expectancy is significantly reduced. Terminal illness categorization would mahke people realize urgency w/o the verbose explanations as to why.

The FDA'S Caution Is Hazardous To Our Health Full Debate-Intelligence Squared U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ro6YquOmPw
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming