Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Who Here Lives in Florida? I'm seriously Thinking of moving from...

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I'm really late here and I know this is a very pro-FL thread, but I just wanted to chime in and say that while cold winters can suck, like anything it's what you make of them. I grew up in MN and recently moved to Chicago. I've gone skiing, ice skating (sledge), tubing, and sledding with some regularity. And I will move back to MN eventually.
    Yeah its grate up der in Minnie Sota'. I only just finished playing tennis, as soon as I get back from bike week stuff today, I'll tell ya more of the nothing to do here in FLA. YAH HEY

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Yeah its grate up der in Minnie Sota'. I only just finished playing tennis, as soon as I get back from bike week stuff today, I'll tell ya more of the nothing to do here in FLA. YAH HEY
    Yeah but what you people don't get is I'm stuck at home 8 months out of the year, anything under 65 degrees is cold to me so yeah. I would rather be at home with A/C on than wearing layers of clothing and sneezing my ass off.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Yeah but what you people don't get is I'm stuck at home 8 months out of the year, anything under 65 degrees is cold to me so yeah. I would rather be at home with A/C on than wearing layers of clothing and sneezing my ass off.
    I don't know what your injury is, but I'm a t4 and I still bike to work in temps as cold as 20 degrees.

You never get used to the cold, but you can get used to being cold. And once you do, it's not so bad. Layers and physical activity can keep you warm.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I don't know what your injury is, but I'm a t4 and I still bike to work in temps as cold as 20 degrees.

You never get used to the cold, but you can get used to being cold. And once you do, it's not so bad. Layers and physical activity can keep you warm.
    Like Mac, I hate the cold too! I'm a c6/7 complete quad. I wear base layer bottoms, wool trousers, merino wool turtleneck, heavy merino over sweater, a fleece vest and keep my home at 70-72 degrees during the winter, and I'm still uncomfortable. All of the joints I can feel ache and throb and neurological pain is exacerbated. On the flip side, I also hate the heat, add humidity and I'm a goner. An hour exposure to 85 degrees and I start suffering from hyperthermia, raised body temperature that can lead to heat stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Like Mac, I hate the cold too! I'm a c6/7 complete quad. I wear base layer bottoms, wool trousers, merino wool turtleneck, heavy merino over sweater, a fleece vest and keep my home at 70-72 degrees during the winter, and I'm still uncomfortable.
    I'm a c5
    I keep my home at 78 most of the time sometimes boost up to 79-80 degrees when I get really cold especially after a shower.
    In the summer I keep my home at 79-80 running AC - nest thermostat is awesome
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    I'm a c5
    I keep my home at 78 most of the time sometimes boost up to 79-80 degrees when I get really cold especially after a shower.
    In the summer I keep my home at 79-80 running AC - nest thermostat is awesome
    Yeah! I get what you are sayin'. NL puts blankets in the dryer, warms them up and drapes them on me when I go down for the night or after a bath!...Heaven!