Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Svm truck

Svm truck

Anyone having problems with the platform getting stuck coming out..when I push the button I'll come out for a few seconds, then stop..it does this about 10 times...once it's gets going down its fine..I've change remote battery...dealership is clueless..any input would help.
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Problem solved...it's the black safety strip along the frame of truck, where door meets frame...
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

What fixed it? Mine is doing the same thing?

Well..they temporary deactivate the strip...apparently when they change out the actuators the adjustment was incorrect and when the door closed it put to much pressure on the strip causing it to short out..doesn't make sense to me but it works fine now...
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Good to know- mine is having the same problem.
    4xquad

Interesting. I actually need my door adjusted so that is closes tighter. It sounds like a wind tunnel in my truck when I am on the highway! Hope that isn't an issue.

if you have wind noise, they can adjust it..for sure..I had it at one point and they fix it..another common issue on mine was the weather stripping along the door jam on the truck kept coming off..I put some super glue on it and that fix that issue...
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

My Problem with the lift appears to have been caused by water getting inside the black safety strip. Disconnected the strip and now it is working.
    4xquad

That is good news.. Because it is so noisy in there I can hardly hear the radio. I sure wish they had a different remote. Something more than what they have now. An LED screen that would tell you if the door is open or closed as opposed to having to sit there to be sure it goes shut. For as expensive as it was I was disappointed in that. Maybe that is something they can work on.
    I also plan on taking it to a auto body person and have them put some sound proof material in the door. that should help also.

Does you door look closed from the outside? I know they can adjust the actuator to run it in further also on inside the door panel there's big bolts that can fine tune the door in and out.

Good luck. Hot water shorted my pressure switch as well and now that this thread reminds me. My has been disconnected for 3 years.