Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leo Hallan Passed Away

Leo Hallan, age 58, of Yankton, South Dakota, died Thursday, December 4, 2014 at Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton.

Memorial services are 2:00 PM, on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at the Wintz & Ray Funeral Home in Yankton with Reverend Dani Jo Ninke officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to the memorial service.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation at www.christopherreeve.org.

To send an online message to the family, please visit www.wintzrayfuneralhome.com.

I'm so sorry to hear of Leo's passing. Not fair.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Sincere condolences. Your dad was always kind and helpful, especially where grassroots fundraising was concerned. He surely made a lasting impression on all those he encountered as an advocate.

So sorry to hear this. Leo mailed me a letter inviting me to join CC. RIP friend.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Rest easy Leo.

I'm sick about this, I'm so sorry for your families loss. Leo was a great man. This SCI stuff is a tough road, the higher the injury the tougher the battle, Leo never complained and just did all he could to fight the battle of SCI. I really enjoyed meeting him the couple times I did back in the Rally days. I always enjoyed reading his posts here on Carecure. So sorry for your loss.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Leo had the avitar consisting of the be-speckled monkey face. I remember him well.
    He always had an intelligent thing to say.
    We lost a good member, and the world lost a good man.
    He represented the best of us.
    So well said. He found me online over a decade ago after I wrote an editorial and sent me links to the care care. He was a tenacious spirit and the pioneer. There are many people I like and admire, he was one of the few who I sincerely respect.

I do not know why I did not read this earlier about Leo. I was in Bejing, China, with him in April/May 2004. I know how hard he worked to get to Bejing for the OEG cell transplant with Dr. Huang. I grew attached to Leo. We corresponded for years, I even sent him a big donation so he could go back to China in 2005. He and I were going to be retreated with Dr. Huang with OEG & SCHWANN CELLS, and he was going to save me a space. Unfortunately, I had a bad accident and was very injured with many fractures. We lost touch. I liked him a lot and even though it is now, 2017, I just have to say, I am very saddened by his passing. By the way, he talked about his 6 children when we were in China, all of the time. He was so proud of his Children.
    As always, my best wishes for everyone.

BRIDGET77