Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peristeen Anal Irrigation System

Get hold of Peristeen. They will be able to tell you if they are VA approved and the contract numbers to tell your primary to order.
    If Chasmengr is still on here he is pretty sharp with that stuff.

They are now on VA contract, but are pretty slow in rolling out to VA facilities, including SCI Centers. There is still a requirement (from the FDA) that they only be prescribed by providers who, and training provided by nurses who, have completed the Coloplast training program on the Peristeen. So not just any VA provider can order them for you...

(KLD)

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Does anyone know where I can purchase Peristeen supplies? I bought the system from a company in Australia a few years ago, the bag needs replaced and I must buy new catheters.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can purchase Peristeen supplies? I bought the system from a company in Australia a few years ago, the bag needs replaced and I must buy new catheters.
    This site seems to ship to the US https://www.owlmedical.com/collectio...nt=29425607299

Looks like ebay has them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/182361676877?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Last edited by t8burst; 12-12-2016 at 09:18 PM.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Thanks a lot. Have a happy holiday!
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

how does the peristeen compare to the PIE system ? has anything new come along
    cauda equina

Peristeen is more like a traditional enema. It does not require a big machine to administer, nor is the water "pulsed", and you must use it on a toilet so that the stool and water evacuates into the toilet. The PIEE evacuates through the catheter into a bag you have to empty, and has to be administered in bed, and by an attendant. The Peristeen can be self administered for those with sufficient hand function. Disposable parts for the PIEE run $40 or so per use, while Peristeen is less expensive, and many people reused the speculum (which is supposed to be disposable) very successfully.

(KLD)