Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for new wheelchair van

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    If it's required to disclose company affiliation, that should be in the registration requirements. It's intrusive for a moderator to disclose that publicly.
    She didn't disclosed any private info, it is stated in his profile that he works for CSV. Seems to me that basic ethics would dictate he also state the affiliation in his post. No big deal, portphillip can't be expected to follow rules he doesn't know exist. Making this more clear in the registration TOS will be a big help.
    Last edited by Jim; 02-16-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Jim, the problem is that the poster wrote in such a manner as to make us believe that s/he was either a non-english speaker or had other grammar problems. Not someone who works for a van conversion company.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    She didn't disclosed any private info, it is stated in his profile that he works for CSV. Seems to me that basic ethics would dictate he also state the affiliation in his post. No big deal, portphillip can't be expected to follow rules he doesn't know exist. Making this more clear in the registration TOS will be a big help.
    My mistake... although "freelance writer" ≠ "an employee."

As for the other member I mentioned, it's a different story: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...ual-wheelchair

It just rubs me the wrong way. I won't go any farther here.

The work Sienna is a Summit conversion. No issues with it thus far in over 36,000 miles of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent T View Post
    The work Sienna is a Summit conversion. No issues with it thus far in over 36,000 miles of service.
    Thank you, Kent. I have ended up purchasing a Honda Odyssey Braun conversion. I should have it
    the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

Please tell us all the reasons why. And after you get it, a review too.
    Robert

live free, drive fast

not sure if it's an issue for you. I have both a manual and a power chair that I use with my toyota ramp van. My manual chairs have all had hill climbers that prevent me from rolling back whilst going up the ramp. the ramps on these vans are still somewhat steep. I hope you like your new van. must be exciting.

ya, that's why I went full size, the ramp was trickier than I thought for a quad. spending this amount of loot I want it to be easier not another challenge and the full size has so much more room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    not sure if it's an issue for you. I have both a manual and a power chair that I use with my toyota ramp van. My manual chairs have all had hill climbers that prevent me from rolling back whilst going up the ramp. the ramps on these vans are still somewhat steep. I hope you like your new van. must be exciting.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Rawwheels:Process of elimination and compromise; I tried the VMI Northstar and, although the ramp was easy, I could not get over the threshold bump. I could get up the VMI Summit Dodge but the Honda was easier. I could get up the Braun Chrysler T&C Entervan ST but my husband, who had to try the vans out for me, didn't like the way it drove. I could get up the Toyota Braun but there wasn't enough turning radius in back to transfer to driver and passenger seats. I could get up the VMI Summit Honda but the Braun was easier. The Honda seemed to have the lower seat for transferring. A Honda Braun became available at a local dealer, a used 2015 at a good price with less than 2000 miles, and I went with it.

Mike G.: sometimes after starting up a ramp I have to roll back down and start again,, but it hasn't been an issue for me---yet! If so, I will keep the hill climbers in mind. Thank you. The dealer had mentioned them but I had never heard of them.

Sounds like you did your due diligence. So the Honda drove better than the Chrysler and was bigger inside than Toyota. The Braun (fold-out) ramp was less steep than the VMI (fold-out) Summit. On the Honda could you see or feel any diff in quality between Braun & VMI? How about room inside, any diff?
    Robert

live free, drive fast