Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for new wheelchair van

Quote Originally Posted by LMG View Post
    Thank you Jim and lazierdog for your replies. Have you heard anything about the newer Chrysler Town and Country conversions? I hope to be well enough next Friday to try out several different vans.

I don't like the T&C mostly due to the center console going all the way down the middle of the van.

It sticks down quite a bit.

You spend a lot of money lowering the floor to increase head room and end up with a console that hangs down quite a bit.

If its not in your way it won't matter.

Let me know if theres anything we can do to help.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Thanks, Jim. So much to consider.

Any problem with the infloor ramp's last 25cm being steeper as Donno reported above?
    I don't have a problem with the incline of the ramp.. I use a powerchair.. The door isn't as wide so if I'm not directly in the middle of the ramp my elbow will hit it.. No big deal just line it up better.. Also the lip on the ramp isn't as high.. I've had a couple scary moments with the wheels going over the lip.. I'm going to try going straight in instead of backing in..

Still looking for a van. Anyone have a Toyota Sienna Rampvan XT with Braunability conversion? The ramp angle is 7.3 degrees, according to the brochure. The next lowest ramp angle, according to the same brochure, is the Chrysler Town and Country XT at 7.5 degrees. I am checking out the Chrysler next week but haven't found the Toyota yet. One person thought I might sit too low in the Chrysler XT(I'm an average sized woman). Any comments? Thank you. You guys are great!

I favor the VMI conversion in the Sienna (my work Sienna uses a VMI conversion) as passenger room better and feels less rickety. I have driven both as engineering vehicles. I do find both VMI and Braun conversions fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent T View Post
    I favor the VMI conversion in the Sienna (my work Sienna uses a VMI conversion) as passenger room better and feels less rickety. I have driven both as engineering vehicles. I do find both VMI and Braun conversions fine.
    Thank you Kent. Is your VMI conversion the Northstar or Summit? Unfortunately, the Northstar doesn't work for me.

Still looking for a van. Anyone have a Toyota Sienna Rampvan XT with Braunability conversion? The ramp angle is 7.3 degrees, according to the brochure. The next lowest ramp angle, according to the same brochure, is the Chrysler Town and Country XT at 7.5 degrees. I am checking out the Chrysler next week but haven't found the Toyota yet. One person thought I might sit too low in the Chrysler XT(I'm an average sized woman). Any comments? Thank you. You guys are great!
    We have a 2011 Braun Toyota with a XT conversion & a 2014 Toyota with a VMI Summit conversion.

The VMI has a lot more interior space.

Jim
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

hi guys...
    I have a van which is wheelchair accessible by the Capital Special Vehicle.There is a ramp to the left side of the van from where wheelchair can be easily enter into the van.I am using it from past 1 year and happy with that.
    Last edited by portphillip; 02-16-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by portphillip View Post
    hi guys...
    I have a van which is wheelchair accessible by the Capital Special Vehicle.There is a ramp to the left side of the van from where wheelchair can be easily enter into the van.I am using it from past 1 year and happy with that.
    Of course you are also an employee of that company...

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Of course you are also an employee of that company...

(KLD)
    If it's required to disclose company affiliation, that should be in the registration requirements. It's intrusive for a moderator to disclose that publicly.

The gal who you called out from Spinergy the other day hasn't been back, unsurprisingly.